Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 5:27 AM

Howdo i get Netflix to work with u verse

How do i get netflix to work with u verse on my smart TV

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

In order to watch Netflix on your TV you need three things (none of which involve Uverse):

1. Access to Netflix.  There may be an app on your Smart TV.  Check your owners manual with how to access apps.  If there is no app, you'll need a Roku or other device that provides the app.
  2. Internet access.  Check your TV manual for instructions for instruc)tions on how to set up your TV for internet access.
  3. A subscription to Netflix.

Uverse TV has nothing to do with Netflix.

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

With uverse?  You don't!  Netflix is an internet subscription service so you need to figure out how to get your smart tv's internet connection to access it.  Never had netflix so I don't know what you have to do in that setup.   But for the tv's internet connection itself you should read your tv's user manual on how to do that  if you haven't already done so.  These connections usually provide for a etherent wired connection and/or a wifi connection. 

For the wired connection use an ethernet connection and plug it into one of the yellow etherent ports on the back of the gateway.  Connect the other end to the tv's ethernet port.  For wifi set the tv's network settings to use the gateway's ssid (network name) and password shown on a label stuck to the side of your gateway.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.5K Messages

2 years ago

I've feel like I've seen similar posts a few times.

Do some providers have a built-in Netflix feature?

dinglesby

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

2 years ago

You should have ten Netflix app on your smart TV.  Go to computer and go to Netflix.com and sign up and choose the plan you want and set up your password then go back to the TV and sign in to Netflix with your Netflix ID and Password.  It should remember your password and happy viewing.

Get started...

Ask a new question