For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ayylmao's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 1st, 2016 11:53 PM

How to use Moto Vap?

Okay, so I am living at my friend's house for 2 months because he is on a vacation and he needs me to watch over his pets. He gave me WiFi password and everything, and he said something about a "Moto Vap" wireless TV box. I see it has its own WiFi but his normal wifi password doesn't work on it. I can't call him since he is in some kind of resort place where you are disconnected from everything. So I have two questions:

One, how can I get the password, and

Two, how can I make use of the box? Is it where I can computer control it or something?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

8 years ago

The Motorola VAP2500 is a wireless access point used for transmitting video to a wireless set top box. That is its only function - to provide wireless tv services to a televison that is too far from the RG to be connected via ethernet. It is not configurable and it is not an internet connection wifi signal. For internet access, thre should be another wifi signal being generated by the residential gateway itself.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@ayylmao  A password is only needed to access Internet.

To watch TV, the remote needs to turn on the box and the TV.  The remote may not be powering on both.  If this is the case, press the ATT button on the remote and then press Power.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks to both!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.