robb0995's profile

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Sunday, October 13th, 2013 7:09 AM

How to turn off or at least mute those horrible severe weather alerts?

There has to be a way to turn these things off!

Tonight I've run into both of the fundamental flaws in this system.  Earlier tonight, I saw an alert pop up and I scrambled for the remote knowing that if I didn't exit it fast I was going to have some upset dogs and got blasted with the way out of proportion alert tone.  I never even got to read the alert, because I was so focused on exiting it quickly.  

Then a few minutes ago, as I was drifting off to sleep with the TV on sleep timer, I got blasted awake by a Flash Flood alert that kept getting louder and louder until I finally founf the remote and made it stop.

Somebody please tell me how to turn these off.  They are utterly pointless and far more trouble than they are worth. 

Thanks

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

yeah,I’m afraid or something like PTSD of the alert so when I see the screen go blank, I can feel that feeling in my chest, my heart beats at at least 200 bpm and I run for the remote in pure shock, panic, and fear. Just thinking about it makes me quiver. That’s when I’m trying to go asleep, too. It’s pretty bad and unhealthy for me because it limits how much sleep I get. I wish there was something to turn this off. If I don’t turn it off in time, I go under the blankets, hold my ears, and quiver in fear.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.