babicka's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Sunday, August 6th, 2017 7:14 PM

How do I watch Uverse TV online?

I would like to be able to watch my Uverse TV programming on my desktop computer. I've never tried it before (from uverse .com /live), but it doesn't seem to be possible anymore?  All channels appear to be "Off air."

Scholar

• 

175 Messages

6 years ago

gr8sho

I tried this last night when live programming was available.  I tried using U verse as a provider (clicked icon) and then I used the drop down list to try AT&T as a provider.  Neither one unlocked the programming.  See this discusion: https://forums.att.com/t5/Watching-U-verse-TV/Can-I-stream-live-coverage-of-2018-Olympics-on-my-desktop/td-p/5414406

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

@mpw101

I'll read it, but I tested this myself on my laptop before posting.

As an aside, watching the opening ceremonies is sooo much better on a large screen. An Apple tv or fire tv or similar will allow ability to watch the events that may not be available on the set-top boxes.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@mpw101  posted on another thread the their issue was running Windows 7, not AT&T and not the website.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

Windows 7 works fine. 😁

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

The poster that was having problems found the following info on the NBC Olympics website FAQ:

Q: What are the minimum web browser and/or hardware requirements for viewing video on NBCOlympics.com?

Minimum Web Browser Compatibility:

• Windows 10 Edge
  • macOS Safari 10.12.6 and above
  • Windows/macOS Chrome 61 and above 
  • Windows/macOS Firefox 56 and above 
  • iOS 11 Safari
  • iOS 11 Chrome 61 and above
  • Android 7 Chrome 61 and above
  • Android 8 Chrome 61 and above

I run Windows 10 so I have no clue.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

@skeeterintexas

I had read it. Only have a few Windows 7 machines left to even try it, but the OP doesn't have option of using Windows 10.   If Windows 7 is the only choice, it can work. Only have to muddle through it for a few weeks. 

But to have best viewing experience, a streaming device will work best. I often use nbcsports app to watch events not offered on the Uverse boxes. Nbcsports is better than all of its competitors save ESPN because of the replay capability.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hi everyone.  Just read this thread and good old AT&T is back making decisions, bad ones, that is, bringing truth to the saying "can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

OK, ATT. Listen up.  You are currently in a little court case to buy Time Warner.  Is this a good time to upset your current customers with a bonehead move like cutting off windows streaming for live content? Before you answer, think about 5 seconds.  Please put it back or a well crafted email is going to the NY Times tomorrow morning at 9am Central.

And, please, fire the low intelligent individual who came to this brilliant decision.  Unbelievable.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This is the absolute worst ATT descision .

I have 5 phones 2 apple watches full blown U-verse 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Nor only is streaming not available on desktops, the local AT & T store by me is selling the U-verse package and stating that U-verse CAN be watched on your desktop! Deceptive sales people!

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Terrible decision by AT&T.  I have been a Uverse customer for 10 years and am getting tired of all the cut backs trying to force their customers to switch to DirectTV.

The Uverse on Demand options through my TV is a joke.  Content has been slowing going away over the years.  Their are a lot more programs available through the app but I don't want to watch a movie/series on my phone or tablet.  Uverse has also disabled the option to send the content from your mobile device to your television.

So I have been watching a series through Starz.com on my desktop but now all of a sudden all episodes are locked.  Thanks Uverse.  You had a good product but are selling out your customer for the higher profit margins of DirectTV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.