Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
smo1898's profile
smo1898
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!
Celestial 50!

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wed, Oct 21, 2015 10:40 PM

How do I get rid of the uverse screen saver?

I would just prefer to go straight from powering on to watching TV.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 y ago

@smo1898 wrote:
When I turn my equipment on everything powers up fine but it goes to the screen saver that says press okay to watxh TV.

That's just it... the "screen saver" is telling you that the U-verse TV receiver is not "powered up."  This could be because it was already turned on before you pressed the power button on the remote, or because it didn't see the power toggle command sent for it by the remote.

The U-verse TV Receiver is always displaying that screen saver when in "standby mode."  You only see it when the TV is on.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6 y ago

@smo1898- You should be able to go directly to watching. Most people do.

when you press the power button (while in att mode for s-10 remote) The remote sends a power toggle first for the STB, then for the TV.

Be sure to aim for the whole porcess

when turning off it does the same -  STB first, then TV.

You may be able find a sweet spot to aim that is not directly at the STB. But, no waving.

Make sure nothing is blocking the STB from seeing you.

Make sure the STB goes off when you are finished watching. If it does not, it will be out of synch when you restart.

If the TV goes off  & the STB does not, press the power button again, then the OK button, then the power button.

With a little practice, it will go smoothly for you.

smo1898

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

6 y ago

When I turn my equipment on everything powers up fine but it goes to the screen saver that says press okay to watxh TV.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@smo1898 wrote:

If the screensaver is coming on, you're not doing it right.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6 y ago

@smo1898 - Turn on just the TV with the TV remote & cover the TV IR sensor so it will not respond.

At this point, you should see the screen saver on the TV.

While in att mode, press the power button (not the OK button) on the u-verse remote. Not holding it down. Multiple presses til you can get a picture

TRy close to the stb & far away try aiming at the STB & against the ceiling, walls.

while you are doing this is the att button flashing with each press. Once you get  a picture. Sit in your chair & try turning of/on using only the power button & leaving the TV on with the IR sensor covered.

If you get it to go on/off at will, turn the TV off & remove the cover & do the power button against both STB & TV.

smo1898

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks for the replys!

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6 y ago

@smo1898 - Have you tried those things to make it work? Please do not get frustrated & go away. We would like to see you get it working.

If you cannot catch the right combination, we will ask the mgrs to work with you.

smo1898

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

6 y ago

No they absolutely did work, the thank you was sincere! Didn't mean for it to be short worded.
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.