AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
vernonls's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:19 PM

how can i watch a tv that i missed

How can I watch a TV show (such as Extant) if I miss an episode? 

Thanks,

Vern

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@vernonls wrote:

Yeah,

I have tried all that.  It is strange because if I connect my laptop to the TV and go to uverse.com and login I can watch Extant through the laptop on the TV.  I wish there was an AT&T phone to call for help.  It is just a nuisance to have to connect the laptop. 

You have been very helpful and diligent and I thank you.

Vern

If you lived in one of these markets, you'd have the last 2 episodes of Extant available on HD VOD:

CBS O&O Markets

Baltimore: WJZ-TV (channel 13)
Boston: WBZ-TV (channel 4)
Chicago: WBBM-TV (channel 2)
Detroit: WWJ-TV (channel 62)
Denver: KCNC-TV (channel 4)
Fort Worth: KTVT (channel 11)
Los Angeles: KCBS-TV (channel 2)
Miami: WFOR-TV (channel 4)
Minneapolis: WCCO-TV (channel 4)
New York City: WCBS-TV (channel 2)
Philadelphia: KYW-TV (channel 3)
Pittsburgh: KDKA-TV (channel 2)
San Francisco: KPIX (channel 5)
Stockton, California: KOVR (channel 13)

I have them here in metro Detroit. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I spent 45 minutes waiting to talk to an at&t support person only to have her tell me that it was up to the network whether a program is available.  Well, obviously, but since they are available on-line, the network does make it available.  This sweet little gal with the New York Puerto Rico accent just could not seem to absorb that, so I finally hung up realizing that she knew far less than I did.  So, my only conclusion so far is that

1- AT&T customer support sucks

2- My best solution is to connect my laptp to the TV, go to uverse.com and select what I want to watch. 

3- or buy one of the new wireless laptop to TV devices so that I don't actually have to connect the laptop to the TV with a cable.  However, that only minimally reduces the clutter in my living room.

One of these days some brilliant technical person is going to figure out that all they have to do is embed a computer in a TV, provide a wireless mouse and keyboard and voila, instant Internet anywhere on your TV.  I would be willing to bet that someone has already thought of that and there is some large pot of money and a lot of patents standing in the way of that simple solution. 

Just sign me -- tired

Vern

ACE - Professor

• 

6.5K Messages

8 years ago

@vernonls wrote:

I spent 45 minutes waiting to talk to an at&t support person only to have her tell me that it was up to the network whether a program is available.  Well, obviously, but since they are available on-line, the network does make it available.  This sweet little gal with the New York Puerto Rico accent just could not seem to absorb that, so I finally hung up realizing that she knew far less than I did.  So, my only conclusion so far is that

1- AT&T customer support sucks

2- My best solution is to connect my laptp to the TV, go to uverse.com and select what I want to watch. 

3- or buy one of the new wireless laptop to TV devices so that I don't actually have to connect the laptop to the TV with a cable.  However, that only minimally reduces the clutter in my living room.

One of these days some brilliant technical person is going to figure out that all they have to do is embed a computer in a TV, provide a wireless mouse and keyboard and voila, instant Internet anywhere on your TV.  I would be willing to bet that someone has already thought of that and there is some large pot of money and a lot of patents standing in the way of that simple solution. 

Just sign me -- tired

Vern

Google had such a TV. After a while of being on the market, it never really took off.

You may want to look at a Chromecast, which it seems like you don't want to do, but I have one and hardly notice it's there.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I used the search method and typed in the TV series I was looking for and it only said "no results found" so I have to concur- you can't get past Episodes of tv series. Pretty maddening actually
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.