vernonls's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2014 6:19 PM

how can i watch a tv that i missed

How can I watch a TV show (such as Extant) if I miss an episode? 

Thanks,

Vern

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

You can see if it is on -

The TV - on-demand

On the internet -

Uverse.com -on-demand

on u-verse apps on portable devices.

On the site for the network

Google the show to see what turns up.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Naaah,

That does NOT work. When you press On-demand you can pick from all sorts of movies and premium channels, but not TV shows that have already aired such as Extant. 

What I want is a feature that works like COMCAST on-demand that allows me to watch a TV program that aired yesterday or last week. 

And, I don't watch TV on my computer so if that method is available it is of no interest to me.

So, please marks this as NOT ANSWERED.

Vern

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

When I click free shows the first row is Prime time TV including CBS - Extant is under CBS.

On-line is a valid solution. I watch alot on my 55" TV connected to my computer. If you did not want to hear that, you should have said so.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Prime Time does not appear on my list of On Demand.  It really only lists movies that you have to pay to see to watch, premium channels and snippets of upcoming movies.  There are no TV shows.

Yes, I know I could connect up a laptop to my TV, but that mean cluttering up my living room with a laptop and more cables. 

So, I must conclude that in this way ATT Uverse is inferior to COMCAST. 

So, it is not a workable solution for me.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

You must not be clicking on the right item -

Menu - 2 right arrow - to on-demand - 4 down arrow to free shows -right arrow to prime time TV - Multiple ways to select TV shows.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

You are right as far as Menu - Right arrow- on demand-Free Show .... but there is no Prime Time entry.  All I get are highlights of NFL football and one other program.  Sigh.

I really appreciate your help, but this is just too lame for words.

Vern

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

It cannot be that it works for me & not you.

Try a pull the plug reboot of the STB. If that does not work, do a whole house reboot.

Pull power on all boxes.

Restore power on RG, wait for all green,

Restore DVR, wait for viewing.

Restore others.

Before that - This happens on all STBs? What do you get if you do a search on Extant?

Is there a non-CBS show you can search for? CBS on-demand may not be available in some markets.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah,

I have tried all that.  It is strange because if I connect my laptop to the TV and go to uverse.com and login I can watch Extant through the laptop on the TV.  I wish there was an AT&T phone to call for help.  It is just a nuisance to have to connect the laptop. 

You have been very helpful and diligent and I thank you.

Vern

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

I guess you need tech to figure it out. If you do not want to call for service, send a PM to customercare via this link with your account & e-mail & they can set something up - https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

8 years ago

@vernonls wrote:

You are right as far as Menu - Right arrow- on demand-Free Show .... but there is no Prime Time entry.  All I get are highlights of NFL football and one other program.  Sigh.

I really appreciate your help, but this is just too lame for words.

Vern

I tried this myself last night and the first time I went in to Free Show, there was no Prime Time entry, I went back up a level making sure there was no where else I should be and... when I looked again, there was a Prime Time. It showed NBC, ABC, and FOX (the local CBS is not an O&O station).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.