ashleydeanne's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 23rd, 2015 11:12 PM

Guide only says "Getting information"

The past couple days, the guide on our U-Verse TV will only say "Getting Information." We have reset and unplugged our modem multiple times and the problem still isn't resolved. This is extremely frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Worked for me!
Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

yep!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did the whole reboot thing and still norhing. Modem doesn't seem to sync, keeps blinking. Now what?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

IT IS NOT THE DVR!

A friend 6 miles away, in another city, called to say her guide was constantly "no Information available" or "getting information".

Uverse people told her to reboot DVR. She did everything several times with no result. I said from her description it sounded like a system info input problem, not the DVR. So.........

I checked mine - it is the same.  The only channels that have an actual label are the 5100 group which are all various "Stingray" titles, and 8001 to 9999 appear to be correctly labeled per usual.

This is apparently widespread in Chicago area. IT IS NOT THE DVR!  It is something in the Uverse system.

I called and gut the runaround - the C/S person never even got through to technical help because it was so busy, and they refused to let me wait for a supervisor, so I assume there are lots of reports.

ATT - STOP MAKING THIS WORSE!  You will lose customers by not handling this appropriately!

***Post something online or onscreen, and tell all your C/S operators so we can all stop calling and tying up your employees, and most importantly, We can get on with our lives (which are certainly as important as all of yours - and We pay You) while you work on the problem.***

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Rebooting will solve many problems.  I never said ALL problems.

When there's a SYSTEM WIDE problem, then no, rebooting YOUR DVR won't fix it but 9 times out of 10 it's a problem affecting a single household.  It's rare that it's a market or area wide issue.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I have done that several times today and still the getting information. With so many experiencing this it seems to be on AT&T. Plus there are longer than normal wait times when calling CS. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This did not resolve my problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Has anyone gotten a response from ATT via phone or live chat regarding when this problem will be resolved?  They were dodgy with me.  I have been live chatting with them - 4 times.  They even sent a technician to see if the problem is with my equipment or line and - of course - it didn't resolve my problem.  The last time I live chatted, they said that the engineers said the problem was fixed. But it wasn't fixed at my house - even after resetting my modem and doing the unplugging and plugging the power source on my receiver.  SO FRUSTRATING!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.