Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 23, 2015 11:12 PM

Guide only says "Getting information"

The past couple days, the guide on our U-Verse TV will only say "Getting Information." We have reset and unplugged our modem multiple times and the problem still isn't resolved. This is extremely frustrating.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ashleydeanne wrote:
The past couple days, the guide on our U-Verse TV will only say "Getting Information." We have reset and unplugged our modem multiple times and the problem still isn't resolved. This is extremely frustrating.

Have you done a Whole House Reboot?

Unplug everything, RG, DVR & STBs.  Wait 30 secs.

Plug RG in first.  Wait for all lights to become functional.

Plug in DVR next.  Wait for it to start working.

Plug in STBs next.

Let us know.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much, that worked for me!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

A WHOLE HOUSE REBOOT will fix many, many problems. 

Besides, if you call the CS number, that's the first thing they're going to tell you to do!

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
bpvarian

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I called CS, and they had my enplug my router and DVR (only) then they remoted in and updated the firmware on my DVR and after that didn't fix it - they sent me a new DVR.  Not watning to lose my shows, I tried your suggestion and it worked great.  

Makes me dislike AT&T for their poor CS troubleshooting and wasting their money mailing me out a new DVR....

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm not familiar with all the acronyms. Can you tell me what RG and STB are?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also not familiar with the acronyms. Can someone help with this, please?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

RG - Residential Gateway, also referred to as the Modem...brains of the operation.  You have one.

STB - Set Top Box (non DVR). You have one DVR....everything else is a STB.  This provides television service.  You can have multiples of STBs, either wired or wireless. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So if I have 8 boxes I have to unplug each one and reconnect after reconnecting the RGB and DVR?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks - worked perfectly!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Worked for me!
Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

yep!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

2 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Did the whole reboot thing and still norhing. Modem doesn't seem to sync, keeps blinking. Now what?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

IT IS NOT THE DVR!

A friend 6 miles away, in another city, called to say her guide was constantly "no Information available" or "getting information".

Uverse people told her to reboot DVR. She did everything several times with no result. I said from her description it sounded like a system info input problem, not the DVR. So.........

I checked mine - it is the same.  The only channels that have an actual label are the 5100 group which are all various "Stingray" titles, and 8001 to 9999 appear to be correctly labeled per usual.

This is apparently widespread in Chicago area. IT IS NOT THE DVR!  It is something in the Uverse system.

I called and gut the runaround - the C/S person never even got through to technical help because it was so busy, and they refused to let me wait for a supervisor, so I assume there are lots of reports.

ATT - STOP MAKING THIS WORSE!  You will lose customers by not handling this appropriately!

***Post something online or onscreen, and tell all your C/S operators so we can all stop calling and tying up your employees, and most importantly, We can get on with our lives (which are certainly as important as all of yours - and We pay You) while you work on the problem.***

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…