Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
johnjoh88's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 13, 2018 10:47 AM

Green light - LG TV

My new LG TV has a green light at the bottom of the screen. It's not that big a green light - and only possible to see when background is dark/black, but it's clearly an error. I've already send it to LG technical repair, but they've just sent it back with the message (no error was found while testing). 

It seems to be a screen error. Do anyone have any idea how to remove this green light ?

image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzh1kwkpb4vic0i/Image.png?dl=0

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y ago

Green light?  In you picture it looks more white or light blue than green.  That might be "clouding" where some of the backlight is seeping through the edge. It's sometimes referred to as clouding or flashlighting.  Here's a link on the problem.  Googling will produce a lot more.  It's never going to go away although as you may be able to make it less visible by playing around with the brightness and/or contrast.

When you contacted LG technical repair did you also send them that picture?  I ask because you said that they said "no error was found while testing".  Of course not.  This is a physical problem and no amount of (remote?) testing is going to detect that.  They have to actually see it.

I would treat this as a defect and if possible I would take it back to where ever you bought it for a refund or replacement if that is possible.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.