rbeck7's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 15th, 2018 5:54 PM

Getting user not authorized errors when trying to stream from devices

I am a Uverse U300 subscriber and should have the ability through my subscription to stream content from many providers using my computer on provider websites. I should be able to download provider apps on my roku, att smartphone and my ipad. Up until Thursday Dec 7 I had no problems doing so. Since then I have been getting errors when I attempt to stream programs on all these devices. The error messages all state that I am not authorized or my plan does not cover the programming selected.Examples of the providers are ESPN, USA Network, SY-FY Network, TNT, The CW, STARZ and Showtime. All of these are included in my cable package and are listed on ATT.com as services I have streaming access to.

I have cleared the cookies and cache in my browser. Tried multiple browsers. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on ipad, smartphone and roku. 

For example, I open WatchESPN and select the show currently airing on ESPN. ESPN opens a window for me to select my cable provider. I select ATT Uverse and am directed to ATT where I sign in with my access id. I am then returned to ESPN when then attempts to validate my permissions and I ge the not authorized error. I follow the same process and get the same error for all those providers listed and others not listed.

I have spent hours over multiple days both online in chat and on the phone trying to get this access issue resolved. My id have been synched multiple times and does not solve the issue. I have been told that the provider was doing maintenance and access would return - it did not. I was told multiple times there was a service outage causing the issue and it would be fixed. Still didn't correct the issue. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Found a solution? Got other ideas to workaround the problem?

Explorer

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve been having this same problem for about a week now.  Before that, everything worked fine for months, even years.

I’ve spent many hours this past week on the phone and in chats with the support group, but have not gotten any resolution.  At first I thought the problem was only with the SEC Network on the WatchESPN app, but now, like you, I get the “user not authorized” error on any third party app I try even though I am a U450 subscriber.  The ones I’ve tried are WatchESPN, HBO GO, Showtime Anytime and CNN, but I have no reason to think that I wouldn’t receive the same error message on any third party app.

I’ve reset my password, deleted cache and cookies and deleted and reinstalled apps countless times. I’ve tried it on my iPad, iPhone, PC and Amazon Fire with no success.  I’ve also tried connecting away from home thinking the problem might be somehow related to my router.

After numerous calls, my complaint has been escalated.   Support now tells me that they are aware of the problem and are working on it, but don’t have an estimation when it will be fixed.  This is beyond frustrating.

I’ve had U-verse for years and for the most part have been very pleased, but this problem is a deal breaker.  If it does not get resolved soon, I will have no choice but to go to another provider.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

5 years ago

I going to be strictly honest with you guys. Probably not want you want to here but here it goes guys...please bare with me, there has been a huge change with the internal system that directv used before merging to att servers and their internal programs. They have converted a large number of customers in intervals. With these internal program changes not everything was thought through fully. I have seen a lot of third party apps not authenticate correctly. Which really much out of the agents and the customer hands. NBA being one that is hindered. Sorry for not much of a resolution. Until att gets everything rescncorized  there isn't much that you can do.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the responses, there is some comfort in knowing I'm not alone in this situation. If what Scottmx1x writes regarding the situation is true it is a sad indictment of ATT and their commitment to customer service. They should be out in front of this and transparent throughout their support system and notifying affected customers and keeping them informed. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

At least this is an explanation that is plausible. It’s not alright. But it’s plausible. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Well, this is disheartening.  Here it is 2/1/19 and I am getting the same error.  I go to a Watch ESPN Program on the web page and select AT&T  UVerse as my provider.  It takes me to login into my ATT account and user not authorized.  I am a U300 subscriber and 300Mbps customer.  What is the fix and looking back that this has not been answered since 12/18 who do I escalate this to since it is being ignored.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

is there still no fix for this? 

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Does anyone from AT&T care to fix this problem? I have paid for a u-verse tv package, and I cannot access programming that is supposed to be available to me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same issues. Regardless of what channel...it tells me I don't subscribe to that channel. The others say they cannot authenticate.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am still having this problem and it's still not fixed!

My personal opinion:

I think that your cable or internet provider wants you to

pay for a package to get these normally free programs

on the networks. The networks allow the cable and

internet providers to limit access to the customer so they

can get their cut although they are already making money

on the ads and commercials embedded in the programs.

What are your thoughts?

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

I have given up all hope of getting it fixed. I have called AT&T "support" multiple times, and posted the problem here multiple times, and nobody seems to care. I think I will move all my services soon. The problem is all the companies that provide tv, internet and phone services seem to be one big evil cabal that is impossible to avoid. They all svck at providing the services they claim to offer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.