Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
M

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 4:07 AM

Full access at home for HBO Max on demand

Why can't I access the full Series Euphoria put out by HBO/Max on U-verse at home when I pay for both premium channels?

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

a month ago

While Uverse On Demand offers only one episode of Euphoria, all episodes are available on HBO Max.

This is another example of a network (HBO) moving their On Demand programs to their own streaming service (HBO Max)

For clarity, you pay for HBO.  HBO Max is the streaming service which is free with your HBO subscription.

(edited)

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

a month ago

Keep in mind that HBO Max is also included with many top-level tiers of AT&T service. I get it with my 1000 Mbps internet connection. It's also included with HBO, U-400, U-450 or any number of AT&T cell phone plans.

You do have to link your AT&T account with your HBO Max account, however.

It's currently available on several devices except for Roku and Amazon Firestick devices.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Yes I do pay for HBO & Cinemax and I know I can watch it via the App/Streaming service on my device but why can't I watch it at home directly from U-verse on demand? Seems as though I'm paying for something in which all the features aren't enabled. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

a month ago

It's up to the owners of each channel (in this case, Warner Media) to determine what to make available to On Demand and/or their app.

You need some sort of device that can stream HBO Max like an AppleTV, Xbox, PlayStation or Chromecast. At this time, Roku and Amazon products aren't supported. Nobody knows when support will come. Amazon streaming devices can be modified, but it's not recommended. You won't get in any sort of legal troubles or anything, but your device may act crazy or stop working entirely.

Get started...

Ask a new question