For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
FrozeninFLA's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 2:29 PM

Closed

Freezing TV and constant stopping of programming stating to many recordings

So I have watched all different channels and get periodic freezing. Changing channels brings it back. Feel that service should be constant not sporadic.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Wireless or wired receiver?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

Both! Two additional TV.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Reboot the gateway.  Wait a while because it can take a few minutes.

Then reboot the dvr.

Then any other receivers.

I don't have much faith that this will fix anything but it's a simple first thing to try.

More questions:

Does this problem occur when only 1 TV is playing and no recording is being done concurrently?

What's your profile?  menu->options->system->system information->system resources (streams, bandwidth cap)

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

So I have had 28 service calls. They reworded and replaced all equipment. I have rebooted the gateway time and time again. Problem persists. Even had a new pot put in. My neighbor had ATT service and no problem. Internet is so slow at times my computer timed out. They have nothing else to offer me to get better service.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Please answer my last two questions above:

Does this problem occur when only 1 TV is playing and no recording is being done concurrently?

What's your profile?  menu->options->system->system information->system resources (streams, bandwidth cap)

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

We basically watch two TVs and I believe they freeze I dependably. Don't know if they freeze at the same times or not. With two TVs engaged and one thing is being recorded one will show continuous messages about to many devices.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

And the profile?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

Welcome to your profile, DONNA
AT&T Access ID: tucker530034

Or, log in with 904.303.0300

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Wrong profile. 

Follow instructions given above:  menu (button on remote) -> options -> system -> system information -> system resources.

Post info so it can be determined if you are receiving the max bandwidth available.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

Where is this info on att app?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.