Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Ross82's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Mar 10, 2015 1:01 AM

Fox Sports Detroit in Dallas, TX

Hello - I recently added the HD Premium Tier specifically for the Fox Sports Detroit channel (1737).  I live in Dallas, TX and want to watch the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers games which are broadcast on the FSD channel.  The Red Wings game is on right now, but the channel says that the game is blacked out.  This game is not on a national network or NHL network.  I know the channel works as yesterday there was a college basketball game on the channel.  Is this a technical problem? Again, I do not live in the Detroit market - I am in Dallas, TX.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

dwinth

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 y ago

@shewjr wrote:

u will only get the dallas stars...texas rangers and the dallas mavericks on fox sports south west....redwings are blackout in the dallas market because of blackout rules

I want to add to what shewjr just wrote. The blackout rules are rules made by Major League Baseball, The National Hockey League, and the National Basketball Association.

The blackout rules are NOT made by AT&T. AT&T is forced to go along with the rules made by these three professional major leagues. There is nothing that AT&T can do to change the rules.

shewjr

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

7 y ago

u will only get the dallas stars...texas rangers and the dallas mavericks on fox sports south west....redwings are blackout in the dallas market because of blackout rules

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

FYI:  I had DTV service and subscribed to the RSN's, and none of the live NHL, MLB or NBA games were blacked out -- unless they aired on a national network or the local RSN (so if the Red Wings were playing the Kings, the game was blacked out on FSD, but it was available on the LA RSN).

I really like Uverse, espeically the bundled package of phone, internet and TV, but AT&T is forcing me and thousands of other hockey fans to drop Uverse and go to a competitor because they won't offer the NHL Network and the Center Ice Package.  Why not aim high and be a leader in sports coverage/packages?  Live sporting events is a key reason people keep their TV/cable service, you can get the other stuff via Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Apple TV, etc.

beatfan4

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

If they weren't blacked out, you were getting them for free. That's what Center Ice, NBA League Pass, MLB Extra Innings are sold for. They are never going to give it away on RSNs except in your local market.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.