For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Shepherd's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 10th, 2016 4:44 AM

Closed

Forcing uverse to direct tv

My contract is up and my bill jumped up by $65 so I called for new offers like I do every year. They informed me that they have no specials for uverse but a ton if you switch to the newly aquired Direct Tv, including a gift card. I explained that dish goes out every time it storms and I didn't want to switch, I even said I would sign for 3 years and pointed out that I was a long term customer, never late and have Internet and my cell phone with them but still they would not work with me. Anyone have this happen or have any suggestions. I am probably going to cancel completely if this is how they are going to treat loyal customers.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Shepherd   And why does paying regular price not make you a loyal customer, think it does more in that situation.  Stead of saying you're gonna jump ship if you don't get a discount.

You've met Uverse meets DirecTV, some are getting the $10/service they should be getting, not $30-40 they've been giving away.  Now ATT realizes that was wasteful and is clamping down.  DirecTV's 2 yr contract, 1st yr big discounts, 2d yr jumps $30-40 higher to regular pricing.

Can try ATT Customer Care for something off,but they have been clamping down too.

Personally I came to Uverse in 2008 on regular pricing (contracts/discounts came much later) w/$200 check for signing up.  I only have Uverse IPTV u200 w/HD and 12/1.50M Internet, not interested in u300/450, HD premium tier or higher Internet except Gigapower.  Not much to discount, no upgrade then discount, would I want either (ATT Customer Care's modus operandi now). Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

We just switched to AT&T and DirecTV and even only a couple weeks in, I aam pleased with the dish.  The ability to control and watch in your home network is great.  

However, as they advertise watching TV from anywhere in the home, this uses AT&T's internet which is only 18 megs here.   We have no luck with one person watching a show and one watching YouTube.   The idea is great but AT&T really needs to upgrade the infrastructure or allow for bonded lines so we can at least get 36 megs.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just canceled my service today. Over the past couple of years my bill has jumped up almost $75 more per month than when I first signed with them. They told me that they have no discount packages, but they could switch me to Direct TV and lower my bill back down. I told them that I DO NOT want a satelite on the house. They said thats fine, they will put it on a pole in the yard. Really? A pole in the yard. The lawn ornament I've always wanted. On top of that I live in the woods. Satelite wouldn't even get a signal from all the the trees blocking it.

So after speaking with 3 people they decided for me that I no longer wish to be a customer of theirs. I will have to say the last person I spoke to really wanted me to stay. She tried to get upper management to lower my bill so I would stay, but management didn't want to lower it, they wanted me to switch to Direct TV. She told me she would escalate my complaint. Don't know exactly what that includes, but at least they have 1 employee who cares about their customers.

I was thinking about switching my cell phone service to AT&T so I could take advantage of their streaming service without any data charges. Not now. I will stay with who I have.

I even told them of the local cable providers deal for $100/mo for TV/Internet/Phone Service. With more channels, 60 Mbps internet speed and a home phone (that I'll never use.) They wouldn't even price match the better service. 

AT&T wanted me to pay $30 to switch to their service. Should you really be charging your customer to switch to another one of your tv services because you want to keep them? Charter Spectrum is charging me $0.00 activation and $0.00 installation. Costing me nothing to switch except a few days without TV and Internet.

So I canceled my service and will have cable by the end of the week. Goodbye AT&T. You have let this customer go and I will tell everyone about this. It was through word of mouth of how I found out how bad this deal was. The person that told me had the same exact experience as I did. Only difference was they went ahead and got the Direct TV and said it was horrible. They got less service, had to pay 2 bills instead of 1 now and the reception of the dish was always going out. They were correct and I will continue to let people know how you treated a current customer.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

It's not so much about the price but the reliability of service with streaming & quality of service in general such as content.  Personally,, I don't want to be a Guinee pig paying for a service that it will take years to get all the kinks out.  Pioneers get arrows in the back.  They make a bad bargain when the paid $49 billion ($67 billion including debt) in July 2015 even though DirecTV and other traditional TV services were already losing subscribers in the face of competition from online streaming.  Select streaming venues is one thing, but not as the basis for viewing selection, reliability, and quality of selection as you get with cable.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

7yo thread.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.