Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
LizF's profile

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 6:46 AM

Closed

DirecTV cancelling Newsmax

I am a 12 year subscriber to DirecTV & have had AT&T cell service for 15 years. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that DirecTV is cancelling Newsmax—the last (Edited per community guidelines) news channel. If this is not resolved with Newsmax being restored I will be cancelling my subscriptions.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why does att censor viewpoints that they do not agree with?

1st you cancel One America News, now you cancel Newsmax.

This big tech (Edited per community guidelines) bulls***t censorship of other viewpoints has got to end.  We want real choices in our programs.  I have been a uverse subscriber for many years.   Your rates go up,  programs get canceled.   I am going to cancel this service. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why did att drop Newsmax

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

It's not censorship if a channel which was free now wants money.

Did you read the message on the screen about watching for free via their website? No you didn't.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

You can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com

Please visit www.tvpromise.com for more information.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

My family members and I have been AT&T loyal members for more than 14-years. If “AT&T” drops or cancels 'NEWSMAX', or any other (Edited per community guidelines) news outlet, we will drop “AT&T”.  Sorry, fair is fair.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I will be canceling my fiber internet with AT&T because they are canceling NEWSMAX.  I will be encouraging all of my friends to do the same.  I cannot support censorship. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

why does ATT not allow another form of news. is it because most (Edited per community guidelines)s are Christians and Bible believing.  It is not because of false information because your other tv news  lie as much as any.

I live in a neighborhood that has to use DIRECTV. there is another fiber line coming in and i am going to go door to door and ask them the change.

I am really going to pray that ATT and DIRECTV lose a lot of money and assets.  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled cancellations of (Edited per community guidelines) news stations

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

@eddemoss  If you are referring to the loss of Newsmax it's that DirecTV carried that station for free. Newsmax recently decided that they wanted DirecTV to pay for the privilege of carrying their network. The cost was too high, Newsmax apparently didn't want to budge, so the network feed was pulled (by Newsmax). 

You can always watch Newsmax for free from their website. I know that in our area Comcast also carries Newsmax so you can always switch to another provider.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

so, to dropped News Max 

and I will drop your cell phone 3 and your Direct TV 

you are wrong and woke and will pay a price just like Disney.

oh, and by the way I get News Max on ROKU 

you are dopes.

your X customer

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled News Max

• 

9 Messages

WOKE ATT cancel Conservatives we must Cancel ATT loke they did News Max

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

You can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

• 

9 Messages

thank you

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

so, to dropped News Max 

and I will drop your cell phone 3 and your Direct TV 

you are wrong and woke and will pay a price just like Disney.

oh, and by the way I get News Max on ROKU 

you are dopes.

your X customer

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled News Max

• 

9 Messages

WOKE ATT cancel Conservatives we must Cancel ATT loke they did News Max

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

• 

9 Messages

thank you

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

My patience with AT&T has finally reached its endpoint. Your barely-there internet connection, which costs more each month it seems, is a joke. When I call for a solution, you connect and say you can’t detect an issue that causes repeated drops, and to call back when the service is out. At that point, you say you can’t troubleshoot because a connection is required. Sure, you’ll send someone out to check it for about $100, but I just have a problem paying a C-Note to fix YOUR equipment that hasn’t worked properly almost since installation. 

Now you’ve dropped NewsMax from the DirectTV lineup. And this after One America News was dropped in 2020 after the famed “pricing dispute.”  I read that the numbers for NewsMax were lower than what you like. Strange, but Nielsen has them consistently in the top 4, unlike MSNBC, CNN, and the like who seem to have perpetual contracts. 

I’m already searching for another wireless provider after your beloved Lily came out so hard and strong with her pride in her abortion history, and learning of your huge donations of MY money to Planned Parenthood. You can believe and support any unGodly organization you wish; you’ll do it without my help. 

Goodbye, and may I say, good riddance. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Profound Dissatisfaction

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

First, you dropped OAN and now Newsmax.  You are supposed to be delivering news and entertainment, not taking political sides.  This will not end well for AT&T now that the US Congress has gotten wind of your politics and is about to take action.  Stay out of politics.  Just do your job.  Let your audience decide what they want to view.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled AT&T censoring (Edited per community guidelines) voices

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have been a AT&T customer for several years now. I just added my husband to my account THIS month.  Imagine my surprise when I turn on the news and your company is attacking my rights.  It is about free speech. If people do not like a more (Edited per community guidelines) view, they can simply turn the channel. My question, just how difficult would it be for me to cancel?  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cancelling

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

First of all this has nothing to do with rights and everything to do with money. In order for a service provider to carry your channel you have to pay for it. So the station in question doesn't want to pay. That's the only reason they're being dropped.

Second this borders on a political discussion which is not permitted on this forum.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

There are two ways to cancel. Port your numbers to a different carrier or call to cancel. Just FYI, no one is attacking your rights. The issue I’m sure you are complaining about is strictly a business issue based on money, not censorship or anything like that.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

So the station in question doesn't want to pay.

@formerlyknownas Actually, it’s just the opposite. Channels don’t pay providers to carry them (though you would think they should). In most cases the provider pays the channel. The station in question was not paid to be carried under the old agreement. They got other means of compensation for being carried. Now that station in question wants the provider to pay them like they do many if not most other stations.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

WHY??!!!  I've been a very loyal AT&T customer for OVER 20 years.  Never realized until now that I'm financially supporting a company that hates free speech and censors views that oppose (Edited per community guidelines) Democrat philosophy.

I served 20+ years in the U. S. Marine Corps.  This move by AT&T (who owns 70% of DTV) is total f'ing bullcrap.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Free Speech - Censorship of Newsmax

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

It has nothing to do with censorship. It’s totally a business issue over money. Anyone trying to convince you otherwise is not being truthful but they are trying get you to react. Apparently it worked.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.