Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
LizF's profile

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 6:46 AM

Closed

DirecTV cancelling Newsmax

I am a 12 year subscriber to DirecTV & have had AT&T cell service for 15 years. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that DirecTV is cancelling Newsmax—the last (Edited per community guidelines) news channel. If this is not resolved with Newsmax being restored I will be cancelling my subscriptions.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why did you make a clearly political decision to drop NEWSMAX from your platform?  I do not approve of having my information censored by a business.  Bring NEWSMAX or I quit.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Political Actions by AT&T

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Wrong forum. Directv forums are here:

https://forums.directv.com

Closing thread.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have had U-verse for years, No problem with them canceling channels. Now it appears political? First canceling OAN, now it is NEWSMAX? What’s next FOX? Yes I can stream those programs, but I can’t record them on my DVR. So what use is U-verse to me now?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled (Edited per community guidelines) channels cancelled on Uverse?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

You can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com.

Please visit tvpromise.com for more information.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Who at AT&T makes decisions on what programming is offered on your platforms or, more specifically, who makes decisions on what programming is removed from your channel lineup?  As an AT&T customer for over 20 years, I feel very comfortable making my own viewing choices from the entire lineup of AT&T television programming; however, if AT&T continues to let their board and senior management base television programming decisions on their own personal political points of view, then as a paying customer I may be forced to take my business elsewhere.  When did it become a necessity for AT&T customers to only be able to view programming that is agreed upon by a particular political party?  Conspiracy theory I think not, because AT&T is actually making these types of decisions on a continual basis.  I guess AT&T senior decision makers want their customers to hear/see only what they agree and approve of -- which really means vote for whom they vote for.  Wow!

Newsmax was deplatformed by AT&T not because of license fees (tvpromise.com - yeah right) but more directly, because they used the "T" word too much, which is the same reason that OAN was deplatformed by AT&T.  Fox has scaled back their use of the "T" word so they may be safe for a little while longer.

Still find it hard to believe that so many intelligent adults are so afraid of one individual, no I mean one word, you know, the "T" one -- you all need to grow up!!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax Deplatformed

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

You can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com.

Please visit tvpromise.com for more information.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I will be looking at other phone service.  Newsmax cancelation is wrong. Not a good move. All about canceling are voices...

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax cancelation is wrong!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

You can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com

Please visit www.tvpromise.com for more information.

• 

4 Messages

That's not the right answer.  Do not cancel Newsmax!!

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

AT&T is trying to stop any form of (Edited per community guidelines) free speech.  Bring back Newsmax or I find another provider for my services.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I will never subscribe to AT&T. Check out Reddit, Facebook and twitter.  AT&T censors (Edited per community guidelines) cable channel, NEWSMAX, the fourth leading Cable channel. 

Why not provide choice?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

There is a choice. You can switch to Comcast. They carry Newsmax, so far. Or, you can watch online. This is a business decision, mostly to satisfy the investors.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I can't fathom why Newmax and OAN were deliberately dropped from your lineup. It may ultimately lead me to drop AT&T (television, cell phones, and internet) after being a loyal customer for 20 years+

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax and OAN

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Do not descriminate against certain views. Bring back Newsmax and OAN. All views should be welcome and available.

We recently moved and were contemplating Direct tv before this decision. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bring back Newsmax and OAN

• 

6 Messages

Facts: 

DirectTV pays cable license fees to all Top 75 cable channels and to all 22 (Edited per community guidelines) news and information channels it carries. Almost all of these channels are paid hefty license fees significantly more than Newsmax was seeking — and despite the fact that most of the channels have much lower ratings than Newsmax.

Att canceled OAN last year

They CAN do these things. Hopefully they will face the consequences of losing customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

<sigh> This is getting old. It's a business decision, not a censorship decision. There are other ways to watch OAN/Newsmax besides DirecTV. Comcast still carries Newsmax.

• 

2 Messages

Obviously you aren't a shareholder or business person.  This decision will cost AT&T plenty, and all the millions who want to watch Newsmax will find another avenue, as you suggest.  I'll be one of the millions.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

I AM a shareholder and I applaud AT&T's decision to not be held hostage by any network.

That being said, you can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

@ldclements321  DirecTV/AT&T's decision to not be forced into an expensive agreement won't hurt my bottom line one bit, nor AT&T's. Switch to Comcast or use the link supplied above.

• 

35 Messages

1 year ago

This is the second (Edited per community guidelines) news stations you've cancelled. You're leaving little to choose from on cable so there's real no need for us to keep cable. Another reason to cancel in the coming year. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bring back Newsmax

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I'm sick of woke ATT.  I will cancel all 3 of my phones.  Enough of trying to silence some.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cancel Newsmax

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

You can watch the channel for free via their website.

Case closed.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

@CKBROOKS  Newsmax was free to DirecTV. Now they want a bunch of money from DirecTV to carry it. This is Newsmax's doing, not AT&T. As mentioned, just watch it for free on their website.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

You can continue watching Newsmax for free by downloading the app via your device's app store or online at www.newsmaxtv.com

Please visit www.tvpromise.com for more information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.