Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
LizF's profile

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 6:46 AM

Closed

DirecTV cancelling Newsmax

I am a 12 year subscriber to DirecTV & have had AT&T cell service for 15 years. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that DirecTV is cancelling Newsmax—the last (Edited per community guidelines) news channel. If this is not resolved with Newsmax being restored I will be cancelling my subscriptions.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Return Newsmax to programing network!! I will cancel my service with your company if it is not back up !!!  NO MORE CENSORSHIP!!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

1 year ago

Please go to the below link for all questions and comments regarding DirecTV:

http://forums.directv.com

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Censorship of Newsmax! Goodbye AT&T. Informing the rest of my family of this egregious Censorship!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

Contract negotiations, period. If AT&T doesn't want to pay what Newsmax is demanding, they won't renew the contract and Newsmax will pull its network feed and try to find another provider. Gotta keep the investors happy.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Per a message on my screen, visiting their website or app will let you watch for free.

ISTM that free is better than you paying money via your bill.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Why did AT&T cancel Newsmax? Isn't this censorship? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Canceled Newsmax

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why are you dropping Newsmax. Don't drop Newsmax. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I HOPE EVERYONE CANCELS ALL AT&T SERVICES. THEY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT VIEWS AND THEY CANCEL THEM.  THIS IS UNAMERICAN. THIS IS COMMUNISM. I'M NOT GIVING ANOTHER DIME TO AT&T. THEY CANCELED NEWSMAX (WHICH IS THE ONLY TRUTH TELLING NEWS OUTLET LEFT), SO NOW I'M CANCELING AT&T. SHAME ON AT&T.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Discrimination

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why does AT&T think this is acceptable. I will cancel all my services with AT&T across the board. I have been a customer for 45 years. Cell phones, Internet, Direct TV everything if they don't put it back.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Dropping Newsmax and other (Edited per community guidelines) programs

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have been a customer of ATT since the bag phones and I can’t tell you how disappointed I am in this company. If they continue to cancel Newsmax I will cancel all 4 of my phones and transfer to their biggest competitor. How dare this company try to tell me what I can watch and how I should believe. Everyone that has ATT should cancel all services if they continue to cancel Newsmax. After this I will NEVER trust or recommend ATT to anyone.

• 

4 Messages

Same here.  I’ve already cancelled DirecTV due to previous stupidity.  My only remaining weapon is to cancel my phone service.

Businesses should just stay out of politics and Conservatives need to take a stand, even when it’s uncomfortable.

• 

2 Messages

As a retired AT&T employee I am appalled at the company decision to drop NewsMax from their channel lineup. This is a political decision to silence (Edited per community guidelines) voices. I will be looking for alternative cable type services as well as Internet. I will also consider buying a couple of smart TVs and move to streaming services for all programming. Go woke - Go Broke!

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am upset to hear Newsmax has been cancelled on Direct TV. I have two internet accounts and 3 phones with AT&T that I am considering to cancel after years of being with AT&T, unless Newsmax is restored to Direct TV. This was an awful choice by AT&T. Newsmax is a great news station and if not restored to Direct TV, I will no longer want to be your long time customer!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Newsmax being cancelled on Direct TV

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

NewsMax is full of lies.

DirecTV forums are here:

http://forums.directv.com

But the message on my U-Verse screen says you can watch their drivel for free. Why would you want to pay?

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Bring back Newsmax or we will cancel. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bring back Newsmax

• 

2 Messages

Very disappointed that Newsmax has been removed.   First One American News and now this.   I have my home phone, cell phones, uverse tv, and internet all through AT&T but am looking at alternatives today for all of these services

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.