username66's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, November 9th, 2014 1:24 AM

Delete this episode before watching the next.

It defaults to "YES." Must have happened during the last upgrade.

We do not like it. We want to save more shows than we want to delete. We want to go back and confirm things. We often don't watch the show at the same time. We want to watch it again later. We want to keep cooking shows for later. Every so often, we clean up the storage area and we want to keep it that way.

We would like to completely remove that option since we would hardly ever use it but failing that, at least have it default to "NO."

We've accidentally deleted two shows we wanted to keep. We really REALLY hate that thing. We would like to let as many people at ATT know that we really do not like having to click through that thing. It's annoying and we've lost two shows we wanted to keep, one of which will not be repeated.

Please, make that thing go away.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

View profile
Nov 16, 2014 11:05:52 AM

ACE - Master

If you are saying - If the default were no & you had to click the cursor before OK it would prevent you from erasing the recording - You are mistaken.

Your fingers will automatically do what they do most frequently. If you usually erase recordings, that is what you will do automatically when you are not paying attention & possibly even if you ARE paying attention. It does not matter that there is an extra click. It is what you body is used to doing. That is all that matters. That is what it will do.

------------------------------

This is a new feature for us. We lost two episodes JUST because we held the OK button down for a fraction of a second too long. That's not an "automatic reaction."

We haven't lost one since, because we are now extra careful. We still don't like taking the extra steps. It's annoying. We want to choose whether this thing defaults to Yes or No, at the very least. In a perfect world we'd want to get rid of it altogether and manage our deletes the same way we always have.

Thanks for the update on muscle memory and effects of repition on habit, though.It still sucks.

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

You say - manage our deletes the same way we always have.

I have suggested that twice - Do not click watch next episode. Instead, scroll down and manage our deletes the same way you always have.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

When the feature to watch the next episode in a series recording was added in the last major release in 2013, I recall a number of posts on this forum stating that the feature was useless since the ability did not exist to delete the episode that was just watched before watching the next episode.  Now that this requested feature has been added by popular request, I'm surprised at some of the negative feedback.

I think that it's human nature to want a better mousetrap.  I do like the feature and hate to offer an improvement to the improvement but if it were up to me, I would add an option "Erase this/Watch next" in addition to the "Watch Next."  Just me.

Reminds me of this:

pstree-swing-s-hogh.jpg 

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

"I would add an option "Erase this/Watch next" in addition to the "Watch Next."  Just me."

Perfect! - Place the new button above "Watch Next" Open Menu with cursor on "Watch Next".

To watch next just press OK.

To Watch next & erase just watched press up arrow & OK. Get verify erase menu.

To use regular menu - down arrow to item

Does the job with minimum clicks & protects from accidental erasure.

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

It should be like most erase commands on computerized systems and require a confirmation step -- e.g. "are you sure you want to erase this program?" Yes, that's another click, but it's there for a reason.  Once you erase something, it's gone for good, and if that happens unintentionally one time out of 100 that's too many for me.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@hocktom wrote:

It should be like most erase commands on computerized systems and require a confirmation step -- e.g. "are you sure you want to erase this program?" Yes, that's another click, but it's there for a reason.  Once you erase something, it's gone for good, and if that happens unintentionally one time out of 100 that's too many for me.

@there would be that verification step, @hocktom, in the "fantasy" option panel that myself and @aviewer came up with, when you selected watch next and erase:

To watch next just press OK.

To Watch next & erase just watched press up arrow & OK. Get verify erase menu.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.