username66's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, November 9th, 2014 1:24 AM

Delete this episode before watching the next.

It defaults to "YES." Must have happened during the last upgrade.

We do not like it. We want to save more shows than we want to delete. We want to go back and confirm things. We often don't watch the show at the same time. We want to watch it again later. We want to keep cooking shows for later. Every so often, we clean up the storage area and we want to keep it that way.

We would like to completely remove that option since we would hardly ever use it but failing that, at least have it default to "NO."

We've accidentally deleted two shows we wanted to keep. We really REALLY hate that thing. We would like to let as many people at ATT know that we really do not like having to click through that thing. It's annoying and we've lost two shows we wanted to keep, one of which will not be repeated.

Please, make that thing go away.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

a.)  You can't change the 'yes' default.

b.)  Better not be so quick on the 'OK' button.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

It is misguided.

It appears that someone thought there is a demand for whipping through a series, but they did forget that you need to erase or not erase the one you just watched. So, they did recently add the erase step & added a notice that is presented after the last episode is watched saying there are no more shows on the list. I cannot imagine why that would be necessary.

I generally do not approve having to move the cursor to accept the high percentage choice because it interrupts the tempo, but, I see that it can cause accidentally erasing an episode, in this case.

Since at&t is so unresponsive to customer needs, it is unlikely they will change this. Even more unlikely that they will change it for the better. Even more unlikely that they would provide the ability to restore an erased recording.

So, what can you do? Just do not click on the watch next episode button. Do not get caught up in the frezy of whipping through a series. Calmly navigate down the rest of the menu to select what you want to do. Click the erase button or the recordings button to watch another show. No need to ride the express train to the next episode that causes mindless button pressing that results in loss of the recording.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Actually, this a feature that my wife was looking for in this update.  Until she got it, that is, because she, too, is not happy with the default being "yes."

Most of the shows she records, she doesn't leave for others.  But occasionally she does.  Before, she would watch multiple episodes of a series, she wouldn't use the "View next" because she nearly always wants to delete the one she had just finished first.  This streamlines the path and allows her to delete it when using the View Next Episode, but if you're not paying attention, it is too easy to delete accidently, and causes an issue when she does want to keep it.

She'd like to see them move the default to "No."

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

Actually, I like the feature. 99% of the time, I delete a show after watching it. The other times, I have no problem not deleting them.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

9 years ago

FWIW, my DVR (totally separate company) also defaults to "Delete episode". 

I wish I had a "View Next" option....that sounds handy!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

That's great if you're the only one in the household who wants to watch the show. We watch some shows together, and others one of us will watch and hold till everybody's watched.

Now that we know it's there, so far, we've been able to hang on to the ones we want. But it's frustrating that we have to be so careful that pressing down on the OK button for a millisecond too long WILL delete a show with no way to get it back.

We do not like this, Sam I am.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you are saying - If the default were no & you had to click the cursor before OK it would prevent you from erasing the recording - You are mistaken.

Your fingers will automatically do what they do most frequently. If you usually erase recordings, that is what you will do automatically when you are not paying attention & possibly even if you ARE paying attention. It does not matter that there is an extra click. It is what you body is used to doing. That is all that matters. That is what it will do.

The only thing that can save you is if you are allowed to restore an erased recording. This would appear trivial, because it is only a pointer, but it seems impossible for at&t to do.

If you want to avoid the erase possibility, you can choose NOT to select the "Watch next" option. Just navigate down to erase or recordings. But, that too can become automatic.

If you watch from newest first, instead of last first, you will not be offered "Watch next".

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

When the feature to watch the next episode in a series recording was added in the last major release in 2013, I recall a number of posts on this forum stating that the feature was useless since the ability did not exist to delete the episode that was just watched before watching the next episode.  Now that this requested feature has been added by popular request, I'm surprised at some of the negative feedback.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

When the feature to watch the next episode in a series recording was added in the last major release in 2013, I recall a number of posts on this forum stating that the feature was useless since the ability did not exist to delete the episode that was just watched before watching the next episode.  Now that this requested feature has been added by popular request, I'm surprised at some of the negative feedback.

TG....you know that old Texas sayin':  "Some people would complain if you hung 'em with a new rope!"  Smiley LOL

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I can't answer for anyone else but we were quite happy with the "Watch next episode" choice and it never occurred to us to go check and see if other people wanted to delete the episode first.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.