AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
jluse32's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Apr 12, 2015 10:22 PM

Closed

Customer suggestions

When will customer suggestions like slow motion and program reminders be implemented with AT&T Uverse?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@jluse32 wrote:

When will customer suggestions like slow motion and program reminders be implemented with AT&T Uverse?

Probably never, users have been asking for them for the more than 6 1/2 years I've had Uverse HD TV and Internet.  Never saw a need for either, slo-mo, Networks all supply all anyone needs.

Reminder, never had cable, so never had it and we tell users to just record the program and you'll see it recording.  Then can FF thru all the commercials too. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

6.5K Messages

8 years ago

With the vast majority of users being able to record up to four HD shows at once, I really see no need for a reminder. Just set it to record. If it's more than those 12-14 days out, either use a post-it-note or make a reminder in your phone. Once upon a time, it was theorized that U-Verse can't do traditional "reminders" since the TV channels are streamed similar to internet video/audio and since the STBs don't have actual "TV tuners" in them.

As far as slo-mo, I don't see why not, but once again, no one knows if or when this'll happen.

chiefdore

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

Every time that someone brings up slow-motion, mibrnsurg has to get his 2-cents in about how the networks give him all the slow-mo he needs.  What about some segments of movies like a fight or skin shots of girls walking on the beach?   There are numerous times where slow-motion would come in handy while watching a movie.

You are the only one in these forums that thinks slow motion isn't a big thing.

"Give it a rest! " 

chiefdore

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@chiefdore wrote:

Every time that someone brings up slow-motion, mibrnsurg has to get his 2-cents in about how the networks give him all the slow-mo he needs.  What about some segments of movies like a fight or skin shots of girls walking on the beach?   There are numerous times where slow-motion would come in handy while watching a movie.

"Give it a rest! " 

chiefdore

I can give my 2¢ any time I want like you can.  What you don't know is ATT was sued by Tivo over Scheduled Recordings and is gunshy about making changes that might be same/similar to Tivo's. 

They don't want to have to pay Tivo when they lose like they did last time, as Tivo has won every suit againt any provider. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

chiefdore

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@chiefdore wrote:

"Give it a rest! " 

chiefdore

I can give my 2¢ any time I want like you can.  What you don't know is ATT was sued by Tivo over Scheduled Recordings and is gunshy about making changes that might be same/similar to Tivo's. 

They don't want to have to pay Tivo when they lose like they did last time, as Tivo has won every suit againt any provider. 😉

Chris

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@chiefdore wrote:

"Give it a rest! " 

chiefdore

Chris

It is far more believable that the current DVR/Remote combination can't be corrected with software to allow slow-motion than believe there is some sort of patent infringement with TIVO on the matter.

Come on now!  We're talking slow-motion!  All other major providers have it.  I just left Cox and they had it for years.  They even had solo buttons for zoom and favorites.

It's a shame those geeks at MediaRoom ( now Ericcson ) couldn't include it from the beginning.

I guess they think like you.

I tried contacting Ericcson months ago with no response.

Because of this, there's no doubt in my mind that U-verse is losing potential customers and maybe current ones when their sign-up deals expire.

Have a nice day!  🙂

chiefdore

Phil-101

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

8 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

The conversation has strayed from the original subject and this thread will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.