Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit uverse.com for all your U-Verse TV support needs.
Never-surrender's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 20th, 2017 11:56 PM

Customer Service Rep just lied to me and admitted they lied

I came home to a dead DVR box and called AT&T about bringing it in and switching it out for a new one. Can't do that.  "It's against policy"  I kept asking to speak to managers or someone higher up.  Finally ended up with Ryan.  I had also been online and found the name, phone number and email of the CEO of AT&T.  I finally gave up trying to get my problem solved and agreed to a service call which meant I had to cancel my out of town weekend plans and lose my hundreds of dollars deposit.  I told Ryan I had the CEO's info, mentioned his name and informed him I was not giving up on this and I was planning on taking my complaint to the CEO. I asked Ryan for his direct phone number to add it to the complaint.  He got quiet and finally said they didn't have direct numbers that could be called.  I asked for his extension number.  He said they didn't have them because they move around from position to position.  Both are lies as I have gotten direct numbers from other reps during service calls before.  He then said he could give me his agent ID number.  I didn't ask for this, he offered it.  I said great, give it to me.  Once he did, I asked for the Agent ID number for Charity, who I had spoken with previously and had transferred me to Ryan when I asked to speak with her supervisor/manager.  He then told me, what he had given me wasn't actually his agent ID number, but was in fact the case number of my complaint.  So I said. "you lied to me"  He said "yes, I'm sorry"  He lied to me, admitted he lied to me and I hope to god they really do record all their phone conversations cause he got recorded lying and admitting he lied to a customer.  I also found out that instead of him being Charity's higher up, she is in fact his manager.  She had gotten him to pretend to be her manager to LIE to a customer.  I just send an email to Mr. Randall Stephenson, CEO and I'm headed to Twitter and Facebook next.  Not only crappy service, stupid policies that work against the customer, but apparently all their service reps lie to their customers.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

So your policy is to Reguse to transfer customers to managers and then to get coworkers, or insubordinates, to Lie about being a supervisor/manager and to not give out proper agent id #’s? That’s an awesome policy, you should be proud. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I dealt with them reopening my account and sending me to collections WITH NO BILL BEING SENT TO ME. I had claim numbers and IDs, one supervisor called me a liar and hung up on me. I had a voicemail proving I wasn’t a liar and wanted them to bring up my recordings and they said they do not record my phone calls. I asked about the “this call will be recorded for training purposes” and they said they don’t record calls. I am 25 years old with 1 credit card and AT&T has ruined my credit score, has been harassing me for 4 years and have laughed when I cried on the phone, called me a liar and told me to grow up. DO NOT GIVE ATT YOUR BUSINESS.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.