Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
mike53's profile
mike53
Rising Star
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

Sat, Jan 12, 2019 10:40 PM

COMMERCIALS ON PREMIUM PAY CHANNELS

What happened to commercial free movies on the pay channels, HBO, CINEMAX , ETC. Customers pay extra for these channels for uninterrupted commercial free programming. Now, there are endless promos/commercials between movies that advertise upcoming programs and selling the pay extra for on-demand programs. Customers used to get first run movies on their regular premium pay channels. Now those channels are constant reruns, old movies ans sitcoms? Greedy program providers are cheating paying customers. That is the reason most customers are dropping them and going to netflix and other outlets.

ACE - Expert

• 

22.3K Messages

3年前

Your complaints are falling on deaf ears since the networks (HBO/Cinemax/etc.) are the ones responsible for the programming (ie: old movies/sitcoms) and any advertising for upcoming shows.  AT&T is merely the provider.

You should contact the premium networks in question.

google-is-your-friend.jpg

ACE - Professor

• 

6.1K Messages

3年前

You mean the same Netflix that has old reruns and sitcoms?

dinglesby

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

3年前

HBO does show uninterrupted shows.  I have never had my show or movie interrupted .  The coming attractions are on every premium channel.  You have the same thing if you go to the movies.  Buy a DVD and you have coming attractions.  This is the silliest complaint I have seen.  If it bothers you so much do not subscribe to these networks.  Myself I like the promos.  It helps me to decide what show I would want to watch or give me a break to get up and pop some popcorn or go the restroom without missing my show.  Your only option is do not subscribe to the premium channels.

ACE - Expert

• 

22.3K Messages

3年前

And how long are those Coming Attractions in the theater now?  OMG...they say the start of a movie is 7:30 and you're lucky if you watching it by 7:45!  This is after you've paid $10-$12 to see the movie!

mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

I am glad you like the commercials. The majority of customers do not. On getting a snack, that is what the pause button is for.
mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

At the movie theater the are showing brand new movies, not promos for a bunch of old movies.
dwinth

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

3年前

I have had cable with at least five cable companies since 1982. I have always had premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, etc) since 1982. I do not remember anytime when there were NOT promotionals for upcoming premium channel movies and shows.

Your are asking for something that has never existed, at least since 1982. I noticed that you have posted about this subject several times since February 26, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

I understand. I have had cable since 1979. Then the premium channels ran back to back movies. When there was a break they put the schedule for that channel on screen and played music, with a timer for the next movie to start. It was much more pleasant than having an announcer hollering at you. YES, I'm an old guy.

JadedPixie

Scholar

• 

224 Messages

3年前

The promotional commercials are also time fillers so the movies/shows will start at the top or bottom of the hour.

mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

They don't start at the top or bottom of the hour. They also don't start at the guide posted time.

mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

I just think you shouldn't have to watch commercials when you are paying for TV service?

ACE - Expert

• 

22.3K Messages

3年前

Commercials?  As in commercials for upcoming shows?  Or commercials for products?  What premium channels?  HBO?  What was it a commercial for?

mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

The endless promos to get customers to buy on demand, and upcoming shows. The movies don't even start at the channel guide posted time and are not time fillers as I have been told and it is not necessary to make movies start at the top and bottom of the hour. Also, the movies are mostly old reruns, 'B' grade for TV movies, and old sitcoms? Your excuse is that AT&T is merely t he provider. Well, It's AT&T that takes our money. I think AT&T is powerful enough to to get the networks to change their greedy policies. Calling the networks is impossible. Doesn't AT&T own one of the networks? I know my posts won't change anything,  PAY TV SHOULD NOT HAVE COMMERCIALS AND PROMOS. Just don't spray me down with a water hose and tell me it's raining.

ACE - Professor

• 

6.1K Messages

3年前

Mike,

As already explained, the providers merely give access to the content. The channel owner/operators control what gets aired and when. You wouldn't contact Charter because you wished CNN to air a certain program at 7:52 instead of 8pm, would you?

If you wish a certain movie to start at a specific time, there's always an "on demand" option or a streaming option for that premium channel. Alternatively, you can record an overnight showing of the movie for viewing the next day/evening.

And yes, AT&T does own a few regional sports channels, but it's obviously a different department/division, as those channels aren't on U-Verse, so that argument doesn't really hold much weight, IMO.

mike53

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

3年前

As usual from AT&T more excuses and deniability for any responsibility to get customers better programming. Just pay more for On Demand movies that should be in the Premium Pay U450 package anyway. Shame on you. Greedy,Greedy, Greedy!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.