Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 9:01 AM

channel freezes and "signal has been lost"

Some TV channels (cnn, apl) freeze after about 10 seconds and then I get the "uverse signal has been lost" message. This started in Dec 2017. I have read through all the posts on this topic (going back years) and it seems to be a network problem. Is it related to unicast/multicast mode?Has anyone found an easy solution or workaround? It doesn't seem that all the rebooting and resetting has helped others OR has it helped you? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

13.9K Messages

2 years ago

All TVs or just those with wireless receivers?

If wireless receivers, gateway model 5268?

If 5268 do you have external WAP?

The 5268 5Ghz network could support "unofficial" wireless receivers. The software updates to 5268 starting in November 2017 that provides band steering affects this ability meaning need an external WAP (service call to receive one) to allow for proper bandwidth (unicast to multicast) in channels.

The gateway has to be factory reset, will lose any custom settings and all receivers will need to be rebooted.

If however happens on all TVs including hardwired receivers.... Factory reset gateway, if not resolved need to call for service tech...  Next step is replace gateway, if still problem port swap is needed.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.