Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
pastane

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Sun, Sep 22, 2019 5:00 PM

changing remote

I wrote a few minutes ago but wasn't does that mean when I clicked post no one saw it? I was really interested in knowing if there are settings on the remote or in the U Verse programming that can be changed, anyway I switched from spectrum just the other day and one of the things I liked about is that, when you taped a program and there is more than one episode the program makes a little file that all the episodes of any one program would go into, so you just op[ened the file and all your episodes are there I have noticed with mine taping  each episode all in a long line. so makes it much harder to find what your looking for. also you can't tell if its a rerun or a new episode. does anyone know if I call AT&T if that can be changed or maybe make that a suggestion on the next update

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 months ago

Series recordings are organized by program (series) title and each recording for any one title is listed under that.  So you could look at the title as a folder name and the recordings for that title/folder (i.e., the episodes) as files within that folder (sorted from newest to oldest, top to bottom).  It's built-into the UI of the dvr/receivers and there no changing it.

The recordings list  (all the files - single recordings and folders titles with multiple recordings for that series record) is also sorted by descending date, top to bottom or can be viewed by title.

I would like to have each program have its own file with only episodes of that program in it.

So aside from a little bit of terminology differences (you say file, I say folder) how is what you describe so different from what I described?  It's just an academic debate of course because like I said it is what it is.   The UI on the present equipment isn't going to change.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 months ago

For a series you can set to record it as a "series record".  Options include first run, all the time, and others.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
pastane

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 months ago

yes I got that part, thanks what I wanted to know is there a place I can set up the way my recordings are showing instead of all in a row I would like to have each program have its own file with only episodes of that program in it. the way it is, is cumbersome to scroll through if you do a lot of taping which I do.

pastane

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 months ago

the files as I call them are becoming standard way of organizing you tapings, I know spectrum and Comcast even direct TV have the files just found it strange that U verse hasn't caught up

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

5 months ago

As I just posted on your other post:  You cannot change the way recordings are listed on the Recordings page.  You cannot add files or folders.  It is what it is.

pastane

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 months ago

I know that its just that the other person ask me the difference between a folder and a file and I showed him, I guess this is the your referring to