Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 4:39 AM

cant get closed captions to work.

I have tried to turn my closed captioning on but it doesn't come up. All settings that I accessed via the remote control from AT&T and the one from Vizio my TV indicate CC is on. Still nothing. Help... I am a senior widow, live alone & hard of hearing & don't read lips.  I like to watch TV quite a bit. I moved recently. It was working at my other house. ATT installed it here but I can't get it to work. Same TV. Thank you.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

3 years ago

Reboot the box.  Hold the oval button on the front left of the box until it starts flashing.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Two days of trying. Over & over. Moving HDMI cord to other input spaces.... 15 mins on hold at Tech Support & while I was waiting I saw your response & tried it... As the tech support came on the line ... YOUR SOLUTION WORKED... THANK YOU THANK YOU....

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

3 years ago

When in doubt, reboot!

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question