Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 30, 2016 9:56 PM

Can't connect cable to new smart tv

I bought a new smart tv after my old non-smart tv bit the dust. I have set up the streaming part just fine but am unable to connect to my u verse service. The message I get is "no signal from the cable box." My tv does not have places to install the 5 cables that are connected to the a t and t equipment. It has slots for hdmi. I called a t and t technical service and they said it would cost $150 to come out and figure out what to do. I went back to the store and they suggested I needed a hi def cable box or a component of some sort to connect the 5 cables to.  Can I get an opinion from you guys on what is needed. I am pretty lost and am considering returning the tv to the store.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

4 years ago

@jehanne99- You are correct that you need n HDMI cable. They are not expensive. If you can wait for shipping - monoprice.com.

any store that sells TV cables will have one. Do not let them sell you an expensive one.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=hdmi%20cable

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hooray it works. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Why can' I connect to my roku tv