For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
B

• 

6 Messages

Friday, February 14th, 2020 2:41 AM

Can UVERSE TV be used WITHOUT WIFI?

Hello - currently have DTV (and ATT INTERNET) and considering switching the TV to UVERSE TV. But do not want to have WIFI signal involved. From glancing online it seems like when you order UVERSE TV you are getting a UVERSE RECEIVER and a UVERSE WAP box......and so obviously what I'm getting at is a way to avoid having to use the UVERSE WAP to send out a wifi signal to the UVERSE RECEIVER. Is this possible? (i.e. can you just run a LAN cable from the ATT INTERNET Residential Gateway, BGW210, over to the UVERSE RECEIVER?)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

While the DVR is always wired to the gateway, you can also have all wired receivers.

• 

6 Messages

Sorry but this doesn't answer my question clearly. Let's pretend you have a brand new customer using ATT UVERSE TV. Can they get it working w/o using WIFI? (i.e. using physical cables to connect everything only)

I am trying to limit the amount of WIFI signals I'm absorbing......

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

Yes, that's how Uverse worked back in the day....all receivers wired to the gateway then years later introduced wireless receivers. I had wired receivers inititally (12+ years ago) and eventually replaced them with wireless.

Understandably, installers PREFER using wireless receivers since they require no real wiring. I don't know if you have to request an all wired install when you call.

@my thoughts Can you weigh on on the subject?

(edited)

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

Wireless receivers can be connected via Ethernet cables. If you don’t want Wireless receivers, order only wired ones.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.