For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
B

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 4:00 PM

Can I cancel my U-verse internet package but keep the TV and still have it work?

I have been very underwhelmed with the internet provided through at&t in my area so I have decided to upgrade to 1000mbps through Comcast. I was wondering if I could keep the U-verse TV because we enjoy it and would hate to have to switch off of it. 

Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

Here's how I remember it:

When ESPN3 was a thing (live events only), it was the ISP that signed the deal to carry ESPN3. ESPN charged five cents per internet subscriber to give access to ESPN3.

When Time Warner signed as one of the last holdouts, they launched ESPN360, which was the first way to stream live ESPN channels, but as they do now, only the channels someone subscribed to via their TV.

But yeah...it seems like it's fully flipped. It's the TV provider that gives access to online streams and not the ISP. Really, the only benefit to having a bundle package is cost.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

How do you connect the Xfinity modem to the U-verse gateway and WAP to be able to use Xfinity internet for U-verse tv

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

You have to keep the AT&T gateway for UverseTV.  No other gateway will/can be used for Uverse TV.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Are you saying I must keep att internet to continue to use U-verse?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

No.  You don't have to have AT&T internet but without it you won't be able to access some Uverse features like On Demand.

@baseballisback isn't that right?

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Can you explain how I make the connections between the Xfinity modem & att gateway & U-verse WAP

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

The Xfinity modem will have nothing to do with your UVERSETV service. 

The Xfinity modem will only be used for INTERNET.  The AT&T gateway will be used for UVERSETV.  Two different services.  Two different providers.  Two different gateways.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you. Sorry for all the questions. So I can drop att internet and keep U-verse tv?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

You can cancel AT&T internet but you must keep the AT&T gateway.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you. Have a blessed night 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.