banylai's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Dec 26, 2017 6:51 AM

authentication error logging into uverse app on amazon fire tv

I have U-Verse U-Family TV and Internet service. I installed the U-Verse app on my Amazon Fire TV and it asks me to sign in. I sign in with the same myAT&T login that I use to access my account at https://www.att.com/my/#/login. But on the amazon fire tv app, I always get an error saying "Error authenticating, please try again later." Is a different login supposed to be used for this app?

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

5年前

Yes, you use the same credentials to log into U-verse app as you do your AT&T account.  I can try and offer a few steps for you:

Make sure your Amazon Fire Stick is up to date

If it is, and you double check that you are using the correct login and password, then try logging into U-Verse on a different platform, like Android phone or Apple device.

If no problem logging into a different platform, then remove the U-verse app from the Amazon Fire Stick, unplug the fire stick,wait 40 seconds, turn it back on and re-install the U-Verse app and try again.

If there is a problem logging into a different platform or the re-installation instructions fail, then I would recommend calling Customer Care.

Good luck!  I had a similar issue with a different app.  It’s frustrating, but once it’s installed and active, you usually are home free.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5年前

When you login to the U-Verse app, what is the format of your user id? Is it an att.net email address? The user id I use to login to my account on att.com is actually a hotmail.com email address, which I had setup for my login when first subscribing to U-Verse service. I'm not sure if this is related to the issue or not as I've come across some other threads that seem to suggest needing to use an att.net account to login. I've tried re-installing the app and re-starting the Amazon Fire TV to no avail. Don't have any other devices to try installing the app on.

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

5年前

You can sign in with your Member ID or AT&T Access ID and password.  I am not sure about being able to use a hotmail as an login for U-vers, I never tried it.  Everything I found states that it’s usually an att.com or att.net.  However, you can try something else to see if that is the issue.  Try changing your Access ID.

Log into you AT&T account, go to your profile, then select change access ID.  I hope this solves it for you.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

5年前

Try power cycling your remote gateway. I've had this happen to me several times on my phone (usually after the app is updated) and cycling the RG lets me login again.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.