Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Devinsmom's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Aug 15, 2017 9:44 PM

Audio & Video do not match

I have been having a problem with the audio & video on my TV do not match. I have had a tech out twice and it still does not work. Has any one else had this problem and if so, how was it fixed?

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y ago

Is this a recent problem? 

Is it on all channels or specific channels?

I would assume tech support asked you to do the following, but just in case they didn't...

Reboot the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot).

Reboot the dvr (again pull plug for 15 secs.).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Yes, I have done that numerous times. I do have it down to just one TV
now. Of course it is the one that I watch the most.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

No, it is not recent. It has been since I went back to AT&T after a six
month period where I went to Cox. I think that was in October so it has
been going on since then.
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y ago

You didn't answer if it was all channels or just specific channels.

At any rate you've localized it to one specific tv and its dvr or receiver.  Which is it?  The dvr or another uverse (wireless?) receiver?  If it's a wireless receiver try rebooting the WAP and then the wireless receiver.  If it's the dvr how is it connected to the gateway?  By coax or an ethernet connection?

If the tv is connected via hdmi it might be worth the experiment to try component cables instead (although I don't know how audio could get out of sync with video on an hdmi connection).  Try another hdmi port on the tv if available.  Try a different hdmi cable.  Make sure all these connectors are fully inserted.

Update:

One other stab in the dark.  On the tv, using the uverse remote, press menu -> options -> audio/language -> digital/audio output.  Change whatever you got selected to the other selection (for example, change surround to stereo).  Don't forget to Save.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

I am sorry. It is all channels
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.