Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 3:21 PM

ATT Uverse Remote

How do you get the Remote to control the TV? All it does is turn on the TV and adjust volume. Can not change channels, get the menu or guide or turn on CC. Help

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

The U-verse remotes control all U-verse DVRs and receivers by default, no setup needed. Sounds like this remote has already been configured to also control your TV. Is the U-verse receiver for this TV sitting in the open, where the IR signal from the remote can reach the front of the receiver? If the receiver is blocked by something sitting in front of it, or inside a closed cabinet, the remote signal won't be able to reach it.

*** Hhmmm, let me think about that... ***

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

It is sitting out in the open.

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

Has this remote worked with this TV and receiver before? Suggest unplugging the receiver for 20 secs, then reconnecting. Also, try other batteries in the remote.

*** Hhmmm, let me think about that... ***

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

Which remote? There are two that are in use. Look on the back. Mine is an S10. If you have an S10, press the AT&T button on the top left to get it to control the STB.

If it's an S30, there is no AT&T button and I don't know how to make it operate a STB.

(edited)

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…