Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 26, 2016 10:55 PM

ATT u-verse not available at this time. Please try later

This all began last week when TV, Internet and Phone went out.  Called ATT and they determined that it was an outside problem and sent a repairman the next day.  He fixed the problem outside and replaced our gateway. Everything seemed to be working until I went upstairs and tried to watch TV.  I followed on screen directions about restarting the wireless receiver several times but continued to end up with a screen the said "ATT uverse not available at this time please try later" Now obviously it is available because the other TV internet and phones are working it seems to be this one reciever.  After about an hour of texting with a technition they said they would send a new reciever.  I got it yesterday.  I followed the direcitons for installing and got the same screen.  I tried talking to someone, but I could not understand them and they could not understand me.  When we got cut off they never called back.  Decided to wait until this morning and contacted ATT through the website.  After a explaining what was happening I was told to unplug the receiver and wait two hour and try again.  I got the same results.  I've about had it with ATT.  Any suggestions?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14K Messages

4 years ago

A wireless receiver connects thru a Wireless Access Point (WAP)....

What was your old gateway model?

What is the new gateway model?

Do you have a wireless access point (WAP)?

How many wireless receivers?

Do you have a LINK light on the wireless receiver?

The WAP looks like a pencil sharpener, models are 401, 501, 2500.

The 5268 gateway can also act as the WAP using the 5G network.

Requires accessing the gateway (192.168.1.254l) go to the WiFi page, under 5G network enabling the WPS button. Need to SAVE settings using the Access Device Code found on side of gateway.

If no link light the receiver is not connected to the WAP.

If have a link light with your error message you are connected to the WAP but the WAP and the RG are not connected or communicating.

If you have a link light on the wireless receiver, perform a factory reset using the Power, OK, Down buttons. Hold all three for about 10-15 seconds, release Power while continuing to hold OK, DOWN... Front panel lights flash three times, release all buttons. 

Should see a single gear with loading bar. If bar is moving give it about 10 minutes.

If bar is not moving, relocate the WiFi receiver closer to the WAP and try again.

My thought is you had a 5268 RG set up as WAP, when the RG was replaced the tech did not verify all TVs working before leaving, if did tech would have caught this. If the tech did verify all services, this occurred after then might have 1) a bad port on RG 2) Ethernet cable not firmly seated 3) bad WAP (if have 2 WiFi boxes and one is working then all three of these are OK).

4) you received a newer (2500) WiFi receiver and have a 401 WAP. The 2nd gen wireless receivers need either the 2500 WAP or the 501 WAP, the 401 will not work.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a similar problem. I factory reset the receiver and there is a big red X on the tv. Is the receiver bad?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem. Started last week with one receiver then went to all 3 then the whole system died. ATT replaced the gateway with a 5268AC and everything was fine when the techinician left the house. An hour later the TV I was watching suddenly stopped and displayed the uVerse not available message again. I was able to get it back in about a half hour but then the other two went down. Overnight they all died. After a bunch of restarts I finally got the DVR box to start running but everytime I turn on the TV it is attached to I expect to see the doomsday message again. I do not have wireless receivers. I have two ISB7000 Ethernet Receivers and one Ethernet connected DVR Receiver. I spent over an hour on the phone with ATT chat on Saturday and the soonest they could get somebody to me is Tuesday. They may get it working but several hours after that will it just start failing again. Up until last week I had never seen that message although the boxes required a fair number of restarts over a year's time. Now I have seen the message more times in one week than I can count. I really hate uVerse but it is the only service I can get in my development other than satellite service.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same problem.  My cat had gotten up to where the Router Gateway is and somehow unplugged the ethernet cable.  Be sure to check that all ethernet cables that connect to the router and to the back of the set-top box are plugged in securely.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

The ATT Senior Tech found issue. Had a wired router plugged into a Ethernet
port to use as an extension. I plugged the Ethernet cable into one of the
router's 4 Ethernet receptacles and then attached 3 other cables in the
other 3 receptacles. Nothing plugged into router's internet port.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My U-verse system has two wireless receivers and two wired. Several nights ago both wireless receivers stopped at the same time.
Long story short...the Ethernet port on the back of my Gateway where my Wireless Access Point plugs in stopped working. If you don't have a little LED next to it flashing, try moving your cable to an open port if you have one. As soon as I moved mine from port 2 to port 4 the WAP was getting a signal to send to the wireless receivers.
While on the phone with Tech Support I mentioned this message several times and they sent me a WAP to change which obviously did nothing. After finding out the Wireless Access Point was not the problem I called again and they scheduled a tech to come out between 4&8pm the next day.
I'm going to have them bring a new Gateway so I will have a spare Ethernet port as backup in case this happens again.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Wow the same thing is still happening. I have been through this circular process several times this AM- we were just installed 4 days ago and it happened one other morning but finally resolved. No luck this am.

Switched because google fiber raised their prices....guess you get what you pay for.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

@laverne117 -- Have you called (Phone number hidden) for tech support?

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

Sheesh, the system is masking phone numbers again.... 800.288.2020 (hopefully).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.