SpencerM's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 2:06 AM

Added and checked favorite will not show up when scrolling

Ive successfully checked a channel to add to my favorites but it will not show up when scrolling.

doesnt seem to matter what channel I'm trying to add.  The channels I'm trying to add are included in my package.  I do not want to have to delete my current favorites and start over because it's a pain in the rear.  The channels I'm trying to add show up as being "checked" when I return to the favorites setup page.  They just don't show up when scrolling.  My original favorites list still operates fine.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

It shows the check mark next to the channel but it scrolls right by it when clicking through the channels or surfing.

Just like asking if you clicked "save" is an obvious question I have another.  What button are you pushing when "surfing"?  Some people make the mistake of thinking that when you set up Favorites and push the channel change button it will follow the favorites.  It won't.  It will follow the Guide.   The favorites only affects the favorites grid, i.e., the  grid displayed when you press the yellow "A" triangle button on the S10 remote or the "A" button with a yellow triangle on the S20/S30 remotes.

When you configure the Hide channels that only affects the Guide and in turn what you see when you move up and down the channels with the channel change button on the remote.

I don't recommend this, but if you want to use the channel change to surf/see only your "favorites" then configure the Hide channels to only show your favorites, not the favorites.

Personally I never use the channel change button and only select channels from my Favorites grid display.  That serves two purposes.  First it allows me to have my subset of channels I always watch while leaving me access on the rare occasions I need to see a channel I generally never use or not are part of my package (e.g., channels uverse unblocks for promo days).  Second since the Favorites grid only shows the channels I consider as my favorites it is isolated from the full grid that hide channels controls and thus I don't see additional crap channels att adds from time to time to the full channel lineup that your package can see.  There are all sorts of telemarketing channels, special sports events, info channels, and whatever att likes to sprinkle into the full channel line up that you would see in your surfing unless you periodically go back into the hide those channels, i.e., having to go through the entire list of channels to see what crap appeared since the last time you did that.  I do that every once in a while anyhow (6 months) just to keep the crap to a minimum.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

5 years ago

Did you click save after adding them.  When adding channels you have to click save.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, I clicked "save" every time.....Ive tried it on multiple channels multiple times...no joy. Followed the instructions exactly. It shows the check mark next to the channel but it scrolls right by it when clicking through the channels or surfing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much, GREAT information. Now, I'm not very tech savvy, how do I surf through my favorites grid rather than the channel up/down buttons? Ill try and see what happens after clicking the "A" button and then using the arrows to surf. Thank you for taking the time to explain all this. Ill need to reread it a few times to make sure I understand what you're saying. Once again, thank you.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

...how do I surf through my favorites grid rather than the channel up/down buttons?

As I thought I explained you don't use the channel up/down to "surf" the favorites unless you hide all the channels that aren't your favorites using Hide channels.  That's what I said I didn't recommend you do but it's your choice.

The grids (Favorites or Guide) are both navigated the same way.  Up/down arrows to move the selection around in the grid and page up/down (which is the channel up/down - look at the small print to the right of the button - says CH/PG - for "change page") to move an entire "page" ("screen") amount at a time. The fast forward/reverse (above the pause button) move a day at a time through the grid.  Whatever selection is highlighted it's "live" picture (no sound) in the bottom left.  Play with buttons to understand the behavior I described.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.