C

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 4:43 AM

Direct TV HBO MAX or HBO NOW App?

I have HBO with Direct TV, and when I go to download the app through DirectTV, since I am already paying specifically for HBO, it seems DirectTV does not have an HBO app - not HBO MAX, HBO NOW, or even HBO GO. I log onto Direct TV to try and figure out why this is, and I am brought to AT&T for some reason so let me ask here - where can I get an HBO MAX or HBO NOW app through DirectTV. I have searched through the entire app list and did not find anything for HBO. I also have a Vizio Smart TV - and the app does not show up there either. Can anyone explain what is going on here? I am paying for HBO, and HBO has a running add on DirectTV saying to download HBO MAX, but then there is nowhere to download it through DirectTV apps or Vizio Apps. There is literally a channel on DirectTV dedicated to this running HBO MAX commercial, but then nowhere to download it. Is this app coming to Direct TV or is there something I am doing wrong?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

You can’t get any HBO app through your Directv receiver. As for why you can’t find it on your Vizio tv, I will presume it’s because the tv is too old. You will need to ask Vizio why no HBO apps are available. Otherwise, you will need a separate streaming device connected to your tv. Something like an Apple TV, a Roku or firestick. As noted above, the HBO Max app is not yet available on all streaming devices but will be once HBO comes to an agreement with them.

• 

4 Messages

Thank you - I saw that online, but as I tried to comment on DirectTV it kept bringing me here and I did not want to leave this question to AT&T since it pertains to DirecTV, but thank you very much..

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

The following devices are supported by HBO Max:
  • Android phones and tablets.
  • Android TV (including most Sony Android TVs, 2016 models and later)
  • Apple TV (4th generation and later)
  • Computers (PC and Mac browsers)
  • Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  • PlayStation 4.
  • Samsung TV (2016 models and later)
  • Xbox One.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.