Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 8, 2016 4:13 AM

Why does audio frequently cut out on Fox News channel and not on any other channels?

Why does audio frequently cut out on Fox News channel and does not on any other channels?

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We have appletv viewing Hulu.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Sunnyok wrote:
We have appletv viewing Hulu.

Huh? Then what does this have to do with DirecTV?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I also had problems for the last two days with audio interference only on the Fox News channel.   The channel would be fine for only about two minutes when turned on, then the audio interference would begin, making it impossible to understand what was being said.  If I changed the channel and then clicked back to Fox News it would be O.K. for about two minutes before going back to interference.  When I called DirectTV about the interference  the agent was able to fix the problem from their location.  I wondered if someone at DirectTV could have caused the audio blocking for only the Fox News channel.  I asked the agent if someone  at DirectTV could have caused this interference she just laughted and said no. With all that is going on in our country concerning fake news and attempts to silence conservatives, I am becoming concerned when this happened only on a conservative news channel.  If you have this problem contact your provider.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@granny1 wrote:

...  I wondered if someone at DirectTV could have caused the audio blocking for only the Fox News channel.  I asked the agent if someone  at DirectTV could have caused this interference she just laughted and said no. With all that is going on in our country concerning fake news and attempts to silence conservatives, I am becoming concerned when this happened only on a conservative news channel. .....

We all know it's a conspiracy  🙂

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

The same thing is happening to me on Comcast. This is driving me crazy. It never happens on any other channels. I have contacted FOXNews about it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

You should be very concerned. All the major utilities, especially the ones that seem to have a monopoly, are all partially or mostly owned by the government. Of course they would want FOXNews to be silenced. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

We have FIOS...same problem. Also FOX NEWS channel 114 on Sirius in wife's car also has frequent audio cutting out. Some thing is interfering with the signal (and it probably isn't the Russians!).

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

a year ago

The problem must be at Fox itself. Only a technical problem there could affect so many different providers, all using different signal frequencies and methods of delivery.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Exactly!!!! And thank you for that laugh. Even though it’s sad and funny at the same time. These liberals are destroying our country. There’s nothing funny about that. And they are criminals. They stoop to every low possible and they get thug techies to interfere with the transmissions of our conservative news stations- The only stations delivering the truth.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 months ago

Directv here as well. Have had this issue for quite awhile. Fox is the ONLY station that cuts the audio and blanks the screen every 5 - 10 seconds. Very annoying. Audio definitely worse than the screen blackouts. Audio blanks out about every 2 to 3 seconds. I believe its a Fox feed bandwidth issue. Super annoying!

For what I am paying .... this has been going on WAAAAAAY to long and needs to be corrected. I am paying a good monthly fee for TV service and this isn't right.

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

@tekwizrd As discussed previously in this 3-yr old thread, then something is wrong with your equipment. Fox News works perfectly on my DirecTV setup. Call for a service visit. Call Centers are currently slammed due to coronavirus staffing issues, so expect to be on hold for a long time. Keep calling and be patient.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

I'd like you tell me, how ONE channel is having this issue for so long and ALL of the other channels work without issue. Hmmmm? You're not here, I am, I see the issues, they are not with the equipment. Equipment would NOT cause ONE channel to be at issue, but it would be evident on all of the channels.

There is something in latency with the FOX feed that is being picked up by DIrectv. Directv is collecting my motnhly payment and therefore should be bird dogging a solution to this issue.

I am happy for you that your Fox feed works perfectly, mine used to, and has not for a very long time. Ran into this old thread and yet the issue is still there today. All equipment is up to date. This is definitely a directv issue to be dealt with, and they need to figure it out.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

People with cable have reported the same issue from time to time with Fox. I suspect it's a problem with the system at the fox stations that merges the network feed with the local feed. That would be consistent with only havuing a few people reporting it, since we all have different network affiliates.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Youtube TV same as others cuts out on Fox but other channels fine

Get started...

Ask a new question