Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 8, 2016 4:13 AM

Why does audio frequently cut out on Fox News channel and not on any other channels?

Why does audio frequently cut out on Fox News channel and does not on any other channels?

Responses

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 years ago

This seem to be a bug on the DVRs. The trick is to be behind the buffer when watching live a show that is being recorded at the same time 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

5 years ago

When watching that channel, press the REW button or SKIP BACK button to jump back a few seconds in the recording buffer.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

We don't have a DVR and Fox News audio is still cutting in and out. I believe it's intentionally being jammed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

We don't have a DVR and Fox News audio is still cutting in and out! It's being INTENTIONALLY done! Fox is paying for TV time that can't be heard by subscribers who are paying for it, too...

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

@terrilee, that's a silly accusation.  It's working fine on my equipment.  Start a new thread with more information about your equipment and how your audio is connected and maybe we can help troubleshoot your problem.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

We only have a cable that connects from the tv to the wall jack. Our service is suddenlink. No other channels are affected except fox . We don't have a box.

• 

2 Messages

terrilee

2 years later on a different system fox news audio is cutting in and out for hours at a time; help from spectrum is NOT helpful

no other channel is involved and NEVER has been

otherwise everything works GREAT

I agree with you; there's something fishy going on here

fox is being messed with intentionally

• 

1 Message

After reading the above few reply's, I agree that something seems a bit odd.

We are on Spectrum and ( as mentioned above) FOX seems to Pixelate (for us) only in the evening hours, beginning at about 7pm YES right as Hannity starts, and usually continues for several hours thereafter. The later replay is not as bad but only on Fox.

Is it possible a jamming / disrupting signal is in use? I'm hoping this not a political issue, BUT........one can only hope, stranger things have happened. Hope for an informed reply!

• 

1 Message

I’m also on charter Cable in San Luis Obispo County in California and have noticed all the other cable networks CNN, MSNBC etc play completely fine. But when I am watching FOX news the audio cuts out sometimes 1 or 2 times within a minute.

Im just an average middle of the road kind of person, but I find it very peculiar and would not doubt for one second someone is screwing with the FOX news broadcasts.. it’s a shame but it’s happening all the time. It’s annoying and I think the person doing it should be found and fired.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

3 years ago

DTV pays Fox to carry them and you need to contact suddenlink.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

Suddenlink?  Then what does this have to do with DirecTV?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

For us, the Fox News feed (via Charter/Spectrum) is cutting out every four seconds or so (both audio and video)...the picture becomes pixellated and the sounds cuts out completely.  We have a DVR that has stopped working.  All other channels are fine....and we get them all.  I think the channel is being jammed also.  This has happened before.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

That's conspiracy theory run riot. It happens on Directv, Dish and cable networks. It's a problem at Fox.

• 

2 Messages

texasbrit

ru ok?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

This is the DirecTV Forum, not Charter/Spectrum.  No audio issues with Fox News here. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing here.  It is happening only on Fox News - audio cuts out every minute or even less, pixelated images.  They just doubled my mother's bill and this is what she deals with daily.  She is 95 yrs. old and should not have to operate on her own TV.  She is resorting to watching screensavers. I think DirecTV is pathetic.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

@ahmanon, sounds like something is wrong with your mother's DirecTV equipment if she's seeing pixelation and audio dropouts on that channel.  Please start your own new thread with more details about her equipment and the troubleshooting you've tried so far and maybe we can help.  It's possible that her dish isn't properly aimed. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I posted new as requested - it is not showing up.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

@ahmanon, be patient.  The moderators screen new posts, so it can take several minutes for a new thread to appear.  

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

It was posted more than 2 hours ago but okay.

Get started...

Ask a new question