Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
ufesterdc

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Aug 6, 2017 11:28 PM

Why can't i watch DIRECTV on my computer?

I just got DTV yesterday, I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer, but I can on my iPhone. I am in my home network. using chrome I get to the watch live box & nothing happens when I click on the button. In MS edge it had me download flash, and says to install directv player. Downloaded & installed it. I again click on watch live and it says to download & install the player. I have cleared the cach & removed cookies. ??????? I did get it to work with IE, but can't access my DVR.. Experienced the SAME B...S... 3 years ago when I had DTV before. STOP ASKING WHAT BROWSER PEOPLE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ADVERTISED TO WORK WITH ANY BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Why not ask how Time Warner/Spectrum does it. I was even getting LOCAL Channels & On The Roku For FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Responses

timbuk2okc

Scholar

• 

354 Messages

a year ago

Doesn't matter, doesn't work.

timbuk2okc

Scholar

• 

354 Messages

a year ago

That's it?  You filed a complaint with the FCC that you could not watch directv on your computer and it got fixed?  By whom?  How?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

a year ago

I did get several calls from ATT after the FCC complaint but they came at inconvenient times and I never called back. 

I also found a work-around. If I use a USB wifi device, I can watch from the DTV website. Even after removing the USB wifi device, I can still connect & watch using my laptop's built in wifi device. I think the issue is the way the s/w handles, or more accurately doesn't handle, multiple network adapters. My laptop has wired ethernet, wifi, and s/w VPN & VMWare workstation adapters. I don't think the Cisco s/w handles it well. For some reason, the USB wifi adapter seems to become the default adapter to Cisco. I think it might work if all other network adapters except the one you want to use are set as disabled. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Trying to watch DTV on my computer and it still doesn't work, two years later... They kept telling me it was going to be fixed. Never has and never will I'm guessing. Google Chrome and Safari are both moving away from Flash Player since Adobe is discontinuing it in 2020 anyways. Even though I have my settings on "ask permission before enabling", since that's the only option now, it doesn't request permission like other websites, so the request never comes up. This is clearly an issue on Directv's end.

Directv, when will you redo your platform? I am leaving you as a customer and filing documentation with the FCC for not providing the service I've been paying extra for. Everyone else should be doing the same.

If anyone from Directv/ATT would actually care to reach out, fix this and pay me back for the services not provided, that would be great.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

a year ago

@xav2390 

You don't pay extra to watch on your computer. That is just a feature they include with the services, not some additional charge.

Did you try Internet Explorer? Always worked for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

You're not sorry! 

If you were sorry, you would have had someone fixing this ONGOING ISSUE months ago! 

Thank You ATT for screwing up a good company!

timbuk2okc

Scholar

• 

354 Messages

a year ago

Can't make this work since there seems to be no way to add my password manager Extension (Bitwarden) to IE 11.  It keeps saying it's already in Edge, that's not where I want it or need it. Close Edge, Open IE11, attempt to add Extension and it opens Edge. (Neither is the default browser)

Sinthinyl

Former Employee

• 

50 Messages

a year ago

That is because that IE is not supported by the APP.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Don't know if this helps anyone, but on my PC, when I use Chrome, first you have to click the security setting (Padlock in URL bar), and allow flash. Then I get the notice that I need to install flash, which is already installed, but click the link anyway, when the adobe page loads, I just click "Back" to go back to DirecTV without Installing and click the "Watch On Computer" option again and it works.

So It appears it is not seeing flash installed even when it is.

Now, if I go through the process of re-installing flash, it still won't see it installed unless I do the method above.

Apparently DirecTV programmers don't actually test their own scripts.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thank you so much, Timm239! I tried installing VideoGuard.13.0.exe a couple times in Chrome 3x, then FF a couple times, tried the "allow" on Flash in chrome settings; tried turning that setting on before going to the https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/directv/my-snapshot and back into the Manage DVRs page to watch again, back to IE11 (windows7) where I kept getting an "I'm sorry, it's us, not you" error so the launch pages didn't even come up, then back to Chrome again, and downloaded it again, and instead of closing the browser like the very bottom of their message said, I did what you said and clicked on it anyways and then went back'n'forth a couple times in the episode name list, and then I got the screen where it showed it was loading the episode and i'm now able to watch it in Chrome on my computer. (HBO series Ballers, which is part of my package; fyi, free-views from other non-subscribed stations are apparently not allowed to be viewed on the computer.) And yes, I see everywhere that Flash will no longer exist after Dec2020, so all this work will be for naught.

• 

5 Messages

a year ago

i still am having same issue, I have been a DTV customer since radio Shack sold DTV... this issue just started when I changed my Router to a Verizon 3100 to upgrade my speed from previous Verizon router. I had the standard Flash issue and the posted solutions worked, now can not get past the down load...just keeps asking for same thing over and over, like DTV does not recognize that the REQUIRED down load has been done...more than frustrating!!!!!!

Get started...

Ask a new question