Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 27, 2019 11:20 PM

Why are we losing so many great channels?

Why can't we keep A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME and more?  

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

Who will you switch to when the same thing happens to Comcast/Xfinity?  

You need to pressure A&E Networks to quit being so greedy.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Lhamrd wrote:

Is it true A&E is being removed from DirectTV? If so, why? This is a channel I watch every day. If this channel is taken of the lineup, then I will cancel my account and move to Dish network. If you are going to remove a channel, take off the Scientology's channel. I do not want to pay for this network as part of my package. It should be optional. A&E leaves, then I will cancel my subscription.

And who will you switch to when the same thing happens to Dish Network?  

Do your research.  Dish Network has a much worse track record of settling these crazy contract disputes than DirecTV does. 

You need to pressure A&E Networks to quit being so greedy!

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@kelbel313 wrote:

Just like with the Viacom channels, if you don’t keep A&E and all their channels you are in breach of the contract that I have with you therefore I will drop Directv and go with Xfinity. I have had Directv since 2002 and never had these problems before AT&T bought them. It’s AT&T that are the greedy ones. I watched all the channels on that lineup. You have monopolized the market so you are making plenty of money for these channels to have more of a cut from it.  Keep them or you will lose more money from customers dropping you than it will take to keep the channels.

And who will you switch to when the same thing happens to Xfinity?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

A&E has dramatically improved their line up thus they should be paid more, Live PD alone has doubled viewership. 
Maybe AT&T should stop trying to push/promote THEIR OWN CHANNELS above their competitors. 
Anti trust laws should have never allowed The Time Warner /AT&T merger happen. 
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Jedhunter69 wrote:
A&E has dramatically improved their line up thus they should be paid more, Live PD alone has doubled viewership. 
Maybe AT&T should stop trying to push/promote THEIR OWN CHANNELS above their competitors. 
Anti trust laws should have never allowed The Time Warner /AT&T merger happen. 

Your opinion. Many would disagree. I certainly do NOT want DirecTV to pay more for A&E's channels. A&E shouldn't be so greedy.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

{keep it courteous}

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Now ATT and Direct are threatening to drop A&E.  we pay over 200$ a month.  we pay for sports and have never watched one sports channel, we pay for streaming and our internet is so poor we can't connect for any downloading. Instead of taking what we do have, use some of the blood money to give us better (or any) wi fi, have sports a selection, not mandatory. You wonder why customers are leaving in droves...look at what you offer

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

PLEASE KEEP A&E. WE WATCH IT ALL THE TIME!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

2 years ago

@Jedhunter69@litzdog911 Is neither of those ESPECIALLY a troll. 

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

DTVN is not "threatening to drop" anything. What you saw was Discovery Networks trying to enlist you into a fifth column to help them negotiate.

I would ignore it. If they actually do drop anything that's the time to make a decision, but I wouldn't waste my time until and unless something actually happens.

bearsound

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Last week Viacom announced that they may pull their channels from AT&T owned TV services including DIRECTV NOW over a contract dispute. As I watch A&E, Discovery, and the History channels I would hope to remain with DTVN, in from the beginning, but out if these popular channels are removed ...

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

2 years ago

Viacom the owner of A&E is threatening to remove their feed to DTV because they will not pay what they are asking to renew the contract, DTV can't drop them.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@kelbel313 wrote:

Just like with the Viacom channels, if you don’t keep A&E and all their channels you are in breach of the contract that I have with you therefore I will drop Directv and go with Xfinity. I have had Directv since 2002 and never had these problems before AT&T bought them. It’s AT&T that are the greedy ones. I watched all the channels on that lineup. You have monopolized the market so you are making plenty of money for these channels to have more of a cut from it.  Keep them or you will lose more money from customers dropping you than it will take to keep the channels.

DirecTV would not be in "breach of contract", nor would any other TV provider that goes through that situation. They have in their terms that programming/channels are subject to change. This is because they don't own the channels and cannot force them to provide the feed. If the agreement ends and new one not reached, then it is the channel's choice to provide the feed as a courtesy or to deny the feed as is their right. The notices on screen are the channel owners' "scare tactic" which is normal during negotiations. Though the notices I have seen have been less volatile then other channels who have done this (mainly Viacom).

This has nothing to do with AT&T acquiring DirecTV. This would have happened regardless. The channel's agreement with DirecTV simply didn't come up before AT&T acquired DirecTV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

140.5K Messages

2 years ago

We hear you and we’re disappointed to see A&E put you in the middle of their negotiations. We’ll continue to fight for the best deal for you.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@MiamiChad wrote:

Been with Comcast/Xfinuty for close to 10 years now and have never had any contract dispute or threat of losing  any channel, been tied down with contract nor have I ever lost a moment of service even during the last 2 hurricanes...suks to be you ATT/DirecTV

Comcast/Xfinity have definitely go through contract disputes over that 10 years. Channels have also moved around in packages that have upset some. As mentioned, no TV provider is immune from negotiations. You are lucky that it hasn't greatly affected whatever channels you enjoy.

Though for a 10 year customer of theirs, interesting that you are here in the DirecTV forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question