Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Nov 16, 2019 8:36 PM

Vizio 4k model v405-g9, no 4k with Directv

My Vizio 4k model v405-g9, works until I turn on directv mini genie 4k and I just get snow and no 4k.  I can enable full UHD on the HDMI port with the Mini Genie 4k turned off but when I turn it on is when I get snow.  I can watch 4k YouTube Videos in full 4k, just no 4k on DirecTV.  It says "your tv doesn't support 4k content" when I have it on a 4k channel.  

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 months ago

Does your TV have the latest updates?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Yes it does, I just bought it today and had all updates and the firmware update installed during setup.  Firmware version: 2.30.16

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same problem with a brand new Vizio v405 TV.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

2 months ago

You should check a Vizio support forum or call them. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

Apparently Vizio doesn't list version of ports on their TVs (at least any I've found).

TV must support HDMI 2.0 , HDCP 2.2 , and 60 FPS. The FPS can be found, but the other two are not listed. They need to update their spec listings to include that info.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I found the specs here. https://support.vizio.com/s/article/V405-G9-Model-Information-1?language=en_US

According to this the TV meets those specs.

HDCP 2.2 HDMI v2.0
2160p @ 60Hz 4:4:4 8-bit
2160p @ 60Hz 4:2:0 10-bit

I don't know if the 8 and 10 bit have to do with anything.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

Well at least don't use HDMI-3 as that is 1.4 unlike the other two showing at 2.0 which is what you need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

2 Messages

2 weeks ago

This is the same for me and has been for months!!! I called Vizio and they sent another TV set which DID NOT fix the problem. I had Directv come out today and they replaced both the mini genie and the cable with no results.

IN ADDITION, about 3 weeks ago, Directv pushed a new update to the mini-Genie and now when I turn both the TV and the box on simulateously with 1 remote, there is NO SOUND or PICTURE. You have to change the input setting from HDMI1 to HDMI2 and then back again. There is a Sync code problem or something like that which is causing the problem.

I am sick and tired of these two companies pointing the finger at one another!

• 

2 Messages

Here's a follow-up. I just spoke with Vizio and they're aware of both problems. Supposedly, there's a sw fix coming but time frame unknown.