Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sat, Mar 30, 2019 4:42 PM

Unlimited and more-premium channel on directv receiver

I signed up for the unlimited and more premium wireless plan in November 2018. The reason I upgraded to the premium plan was the promise of a free premium channel. I immediately selected hbo on the watchtv app for my premium channel. Recently, I was able to create a login for hbogo using my watchtv credentials, so I know I'm signed up on the watchtv app correctly. I have been struggling ever since to get hbo available on my directv receiver. I do not have a smart tv and have been told by multiple customer service reps that I should be able to watch hbo on my receiver. The fine print on the unlimited and more premium plan states, "if you have an eligible tv service (directv now, residential directv or u-verse) your premium movie channel selection will also be added to that tv platform". Twice now I've been told that "the back office" would need to get involved. When the customer service rep tried to contact them, it was closed and they would have to call me back the next day. I've never received that call back. I've spoken with at least 10 people via phone and chat, passed around to customer service, customer retention, sales and billing, watchtv. It's been almost 5 months and I'm at my wits end. What do I have to do to get this turned on my receiver?

Responses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Glad they got you squared away.   I hope they get mine right, we will see!  

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

5 months ago

Congrats just to confirm you got hbo via the watch tv unlimited and more plan and are now able to watch it on DIrect Tv and the credit posted 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 months ago

That is all correct, except I have not received a credit for prior months where I was charged. I was told that would post automatically but it didn't. Somewhere around $80+ owed back to me.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 months ago

Update- promo code was removed from my account on August 27. Transferred from customer retention, to watchtv, to DirecTV tech support and finally spoke with someone who got to the bottom of the issue. He was able to talk to the promo department. Apparently we do not get free HBO on our receiver on channels 501-510. We get it on our receiver through On Demand only. There was an old promo a couple of years ago that is reflected as +$17.99 then -$17.99 on the bill. This promo is no longer available. This nuance is not disclosed in the fine print on the plan. Very disappointed that I upgraded to the premium plan to get this free perk that isn't really offered. Bait and switch.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 months ago

Wow that’s a disappointment!  You’re right, that is very misleading.  I’m coming up on my 2nd billing cycle so It’ll be interesting to see if it gets applied.  I wonder if you cancel HBO if the On Demand channel 1501 will work since they claim that’s what’s free?  Based on history with this, I’d be shocked if it actually allowed On Demand access.  

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

@Overachiever77

im on my 6th billing cylcle and im still seeing HBO $17.99 after i chose it as my premium service on my watch tv app

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Yeah their advertising and the small print is very misleading. Even the small print says you get it on your tv through DirecTV, but that's not how they apply it. It's a very poor business practice.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

this is text book ”bait and switch” i will be taking my complaint to BBB