Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sat, Mar 30, 2019 4:42 PM

Unlimited and more-premium channel on directv receiver

I signed up for the unlimited and more premium wireless plan in November 2018. The reason I upgraded to the premium plan was the promise of a free premium channel. I immediately selected hbo on the watchtv app for my premium channel. Recently, I was able to create a login for hbogo using my watchtv credentials, so I know I'm signed up on the watchtv app correctly. I have been struggling ever since to get hbo available on my directv receiver. I do not have a smart tv and have been told by multiple customer service reps that I should be able to watch hbo on my receiver. The fine print on the unlimited and more premium plan states, "if you have an eligible tv service (directv now, residential directv or u-verse) your premium movie channel selection will also be added to that tv platform". Twice now I've been told that "the back office" would need to get involved. When the customer service rep tried to contact them, it was closed and they would have to call me back the next day. I've never received that call back. I've spoken with at least 10 people via phone and chat, passed around to customer service, customer retention, sales and billing, watchtv. It's been almost 5 months and I'm at my wits end. What do I have to do to get this turned on my receiver?

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

11 months ago

First thing to try is refreshing your Receiver subscription authorization via www.directv.com/refresh

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

I've already done a refresh and reset of the receiver. No luck.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

11 months ago

Then something is clearly wrong with your account. Only DirecTV can fix this.  Call them back at 1 800 531 5000 and say "cancel" at the voice prompt to connect with a more experienced support rep.  Good luck. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

11 months ago

Once HBO is added to your account, you would see a line item for it on your bill:

2. HBO 0.00
  with AT&T Unlimited &More Premium or WatchTV

You could just add HBO to your account yourself and see if you get charged or not. Otherwise, this should happen automatically provided the billing address of your wireless account and Directv account are the same. Are they?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

im having a simaler problem i chose HBO as my 1premium service via the wATch Tv App 6months ago and im still seeing HBO $17.99 every month on my DTV Bill

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

@sandblaster ? How is this any different that the question I asked I’m not trying to be rude or anything I’m just trying to get help like this person

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

Yes, my wireless account and directv account have the same address. They are combined on my bill. In november, a representative gave me free hbo for three months through a promo so we could at least be able to view it while at&t tried to figure out what was going on. I started being charged after the promo expired. When I called to have it resolved hbo was removed from my receiver and we can no longer view it there.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

11 months ago

They are combined on my bill.

I would bet the combined bill is the culprit. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

Why would that be the culprit? When I signed up for the unlimited and more plan I was told they had to be combined to get hbo to work.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Any resolution? I’m having the exact same issue. Managers at ATT repeatedly tell me I should be receiving HBO free on my DirecTv receiver.  They transfer me to DirecTv and they say no such thing exists. I’m going to end up cancelling both services. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 months ago

After my original post, I somehow got sent to the RC1 department. They verified we should be receiving this free on our receiver and supposedly put notes in my account for the wireless department to fix it. From what I understand, the wireless department is who puts the credit on your bill, not directv. Don't let them tell you it's only free through watchtv. I've had a few try to tell me that. I actually just called for the 500th time this morning to try and resolve the fact I'm being charged $17.99 per month for HBO and have been since 4/4/19. They claimed today that it will be free going forward and I will receive credits for past charges. 0 confidence this will happen. First I was offered a one time courtesy credit of only $17.99, but I've been charged over $83. Claimed they could only give me back $17.99 and not the full amount. I started claiming fraud since this is supposed to be free and magically the full credit amount was approved. Still to be seen if I actually see this credit on my next bill. Good luck, I really don't have any resolution yet. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Wow I can’t believe how similar our issue is. I’ve been with DTV for 15 years and went to ATT wireless almost a year ago. I was already on a 12 months of free HBO credit and since I verified the WatchTV app I figured (as I was told) that my DTV receiver would also get HBO free. Then last week the 12 months ran out and off goes my HBO. I contacted them on social media chat, online chat, and managers on the phone.  The ATT staff all tell me I’m correct.  The DTV all tell me no such thing exists. No one can manage to turn my HBO on without me paying for it. They’ve also tried telling me it’s only for streaming with WatchTV, DTV Now, or HBO Go which is not what their print advertisements say, or what the ATT managers say. 

I have a managers direct extension on the wireless side. I’ll call her back again Monday. After that I’m going to direct dial retention/loyalty and if it isn’t corrected I’m cancelling them both. Maybe I’ll try the fraud route like you did.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Just got this message from them, doesn’t appear they have any intent to correct this:

DIRECTV HBO or DIRECTV NOW HBO isn't included as a benefit in any of our Wireless plans. If you have the WatcTV app or the HBO GO app downloaded on your TV streaming device, you can watch HBO on your TV that way. We hope this information helps. ^AnthonyC

Unbelievable how a major company gets away with being so deceitful.  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 months ago

Interesting, since this is directly from their website in the fine print for the unlimited and more premium plan, "If you have an eligible AT&T TV service (DIRECTV NOW, residential DIRECTV or U-verse) your premium movie channel selection will also be added on that TV platform".  Please keep me updated on what you find out from the manager.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Last night I quoted a few things from their website where it clearly states we get free HBO on our DirecTV. This morning they reached back out and said we’re correct.  The rep added HBO to my account and said I should begin seeing bill credits. So now hopefully the credits get applied.  She said notes would be added to my account that it’s free.   

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 months ago

I sure hope the credits are applied for both of us. If not, I've had it.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 months ago

Just received my new bill and a miracle has happened. HBO is free. I'm not sure what they did, but this is the verbiage on my bill: 

Promotion added on Aug 17 - partial month credit
Premium Channels
$17.99 off HBO with AT&T Unlimited Wireless.