Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

9 Messages

Mon, Jan 27, 2020 7:50 PM

Suggestion about being able to rewind programs not on your record list?

For example, if you stumble upon a new show midway and hit record, wouldn't it be great if you could rewind to the beginning of said episode without having already been on that channel? Or is it matter about being able to that on certain shows and not others?

Thanks for reading!

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

uummmm it can be done for many shows. theres even a pop up that says so

its done via internet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

@mdram4x4 I only see a popup whenever I start recording. It doesn't give me an option to start the show again, especially if it's not already set to record in advance and you aren't on the channel when it started. Can this option be changed on my AT&T account? If so, what should I be looking for?

My suggestion was it would be pretty cool if you can restart to the beginning of all shows, even if you didn't already hit record. I found an episode of a show I liked but the episode I tuned in on was midway. I did not know what happened in the first half, and Direct Tv didn't give me that option.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

i see it all the time on my genie

what receiver do you have?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

@mdram4x4 Ah, I see what I did wrong. I don't own a genie. I guess I have to pay more for an upgrade.

Thank you for your help!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

@throwawayx89

A Genie doesn't always cost more. Depends on your account if any new services are added, or what equipment you currently have, on the upgrade works.

What are the models of each box you have now? We can give some guidance so you have what you need when ready to upgrade, or if for you personally it would be better to keep everything the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

9 Messages

@Juniper I have an HRS4-500. I see for the Genie I may have to pay for installation (I really don't want to do the work). I also think additional data charges may apply. So I think I will be better off with my current plan.

I really appreciate your reply!

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

@throwawayx89

I'm guessing you have an HDDVR model HR24 (there is no HRS4).

There are no data charges at all for DirecTV. If you have your box connected to an internet service with a data cap, then you might receive data overage based on how much On Demand uses, but that is optional.

It depends on what you qualify for on an upgrade if it is completely free or if you might have to cover delivery of the order ($19.95). You cannot do self-install unless paying for equipment through a 3rd party authorized retailer, which is not suggested.

If you only have 1 TV, then I do not suggest upgrading to the Genie. Though it would use the $10 HD and $10 DVR receiver services you already have, it would add in $3 for Whole Home DVR. That feature is for sharing recordings between your boxes, and the Genie is a 5 tuner and 1TB HDDVR compared to the 2 tuner and 500GB that you have now, so is like 2 HDDVRs in one. Unless you are having tuner conflicts from what you are watching and recording right now, then the Genie would be a bit much. And if you need more hard drive space, you can use an external eSATA hard drive to replace the internal (max supported for regular HDDVR is 2TB).

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Reading back through, I'm thinking you were talking about receiver services when you said "data charges". You should have $10 HD and $10 DVR as you have an HDDVR. A Genie upgrade would only add $3 for Whole Home DVR.

But with a single TV, you wouldn't get the proper benefit out of the new feature, so I agree it is best to stay with your regular HDDVR.

• 

9 Messages

@Juniper Yes, I have Fiber Optic and have 3 TVs. I'm not too sure if paying $3 dollars extra a month of what I am already paying would be a good thing for me considering some of my bills add up (Amazon Prime, One Drive, Avast VPN, Hulu, Netflix, Youtube Premium, Pandora Premium, Weekplan, etc.)

I know your not an AT&T employee in any way, but can you link me to the specifics of how much installation will cost? I'd like to know more about it.

Thanks for your help!

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

installation cost varies

are you under contract?

if not it could be free

the only real way to know is to call in and see what they offer

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

@throwawayx89

Need some clarification. You have 3 TVs. Are they each HR24, or are the boxes different model numbers? (The -XXX number doesn't matter as that is just which manufacturer made that exact box for DirecTV, they are to the same specs.)

For 1 TV the Genie is a bit much in my book. But with multiple TVs, it may be a good compliment. This is where those correct model numbers will be very important so you know what you gain and if there is anything else you should know.

Fiber optics would be your internet and would not affect your DirecTV charges.

Standard cost for sending a tech is $99, but if you have a free upgrade then usually that is covered or just charged delivery on the order of $19.95. Either of those charges are covered if you have their optional equipment protection plan (though personally that protection plan costs you more in the long run as you pay for it every month whether you use it or not). You would need to call and see exactly what you qualify for.

(edited)

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

4 weeks ago

Hello,

Best option is on demand. Most major shows don't have to be DVR recorded to see. As soon as next day they are loaded to watch on demand under movies, tv shows, etc headers. You can watch episodes or full seasons.

If your box has internet hooked up then you generally can rewind select channels to beginning of episode or to previous shows.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

Doesn't matter what DVR you have if the program is available for start from the beginning then you can but recording is usually not available I have an HR24 and it does show start from the beginning. There is no HRS4 DTV receiver