Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 10:09 PM

Closed

Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please restart the video player.

Is it true that Directv does not stream on 64-bit laptops/PCs??! I've installed Flash and Directv Video Player and after the player goes through the steps before starting to stream (up to Optimizing Video), I get the error message "Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please restart the video player." Still same error after restarting the Video Player several times. I'm running the latest Chrome browser on the latest Windows 10 OS.

Responses

trongod05

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

2 years ago

Glad it worked for you!  We now know it has worked on 2 systems having the same issue.  The more people that try it the better.

I still think it is more of a workaround than a fix for sure, but it’s a step in the right direction.  I still think the real issue is related to either DirecTV’s web app or the Cisco software that plays DRM gatekeeper. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, I am having the same problem on my chrome laptop. It was working before, then I did not use it for a month, then this same problem started. Help me please.

trongod05

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Ttom1234,

It may be trickier to work around this issue on a Chrome laptop.  Since you can't really do anything as far as hardware drivers go and you can't plug in a wifi dongle due to lack of hardware drivers, you might have to go through the recovery process and then see if that helps.  Of course if it does work, it may not last.  I still believe the issue will recur as the core problem seems to be related to either DirecTV's web app or the Cisco Videoguard software.  

Here's a link to how to perform a recovery on a chrome laptop https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595?hl=en. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Directv, why don't you tell your community that you have a problem and if there is or is not a decent workaround? This should be embarrassing to you! 

MickyG

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

YES! It's True! This Problem has been going on since 2015, and Directv has done NOTHING To Solve It!!!!

MickyG

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

I Have 3 Desktops, 2 Laptops and JUST Did a FRESH BUILD and STILL get the Same ERROR!!!! STOP Making Up EXCUSES!!!!!

MickyG

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

THAT DOES NOT WORK!!!!! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I watch directv every day on my computer. Here is what worked for me but only with Chrome browser.
Use only Chrome browser not in incognito mode also disable AdBlock (if installed) for directv.com.
Under Settings- Advanced-Content settings-Flash-allow ask first.
If you receive a install flash window click to install and a run flash window will pop up, click allow.
On some channels the watch now might not be functional but click check network in this window and in the address bar, in your browser, at the right hand side, a tiny icon will pop up. Click on that to allow plug-ins to run and the watch now will become functional in several seconds.
Enjoy Directv on your computer.

vinnywill

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

2 years ago

This use to work for me up until two weeks ago. but something happened to the website 'dtv everwhere' and now nothing works and there is no urgency to fix the problem.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

@kokomo476, do you have a Windows computer? Is it a 64-bit system? To find out on Windows 10, click Windows icon lower-left, Settings, System, About, look for System Type. I still believe barring any additional information from ATT/DTV that this is an issue with 64-bit computers. I just tried it again with the same problem.

trongod05

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

2 years ago

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with 64-bit systems.  I think it has to do with DirecTV's products not behaving correctly over networks.  I've owned about 4 different DirecTV recievers, used to use DirecTV2PC and GenieGo.  All of these products have issues communicating over networks.  I don't think their web based products are any different.  I posted on the first page about how I resolved this issue on my own systems. It involves switching to a different network adapter on your system.  I'm not 100% why this works, but it worked on 3 different systems in my house.  It's as if the DirecTV app all of the sudden doesn't trust that adapter anymore.  I plugged in a different wireless adapter and connected to the internet via that adapter.  Tested good on the DirecTV site.  Then switched back to the original adapter, built in, and everything was still working fine. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have Win 10 laptop and computer 64 bit.
I always get a install flash window each time I log in to https://www.directv.com/entertainment because I have cleared browsing data but I just click install flash and a run flash window will pop up, click allow.You can then access espn channels but not other channels until you get the tiny icon to pop up in the address bar to allow plug-ins to run that will allow access to all available channels.
Under settings in AVG (if Installed) under exceptions you can list directv.com if desired.

vinnywill

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

2 years ago

I understand what you say, I've been doing this and it worked until two weeks ago, now the website 'dtv everywhere' is not functioning. I ask them to please fix.

MickyG

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

Well, it Didn't Work with ANY of My 6 Systems.

MickyG

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

That Doesn't Work Either!

Get started...

Ask a new question