Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 8:50 PM

receiver locks up - stops

when watching a show the screen just stops and locks up for minutes

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

a month ago

What model box?

Specific channel or all channels?

Live satellite, recorded, On Demand?

Any error messages?

Troubleshooting tried?

Are other boxes having the problem?

Any other issues?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

11 Messages

5 days ago

Besides weather related station/ signal blips this happens to me when I am watching shows I have previously recorded.

I think the glitch is activated when the show was recorded. Because I’ve noticed that if I have used the pause button or longer than a commercial break rewinds or fast forwards (or multiples of them like when trying to catch something I keep missing) while recording one show while watching another the show being recorded will have a glitch for each instance.

So I try to rarely use pause and not do rewinds/ fast forwarding for longer than a commercial break amount of time. I still get occasional glitches but they are far shorter and less often than before.

I have no idea if my theory is correct but it works well enough to keep me from getting frustrated. Perhaps it can do the same for you.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…