Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 6:42 PM

On demand not working

We switched from dish to directv mostly due to the marquee network to watch Cubs but also because we heard direct had better selection of on demand. Well it's day 8 with no on demand. Numerous calls to customer support, tech visit, calls to my internet provider and LOTS of research on my part to no avail. Tried the double reset thing and have reset my router as well. I have a HR 54/200 with software 0x12dc installed 2/17. When I check the internet speed it's excellent but in my account online it says my internet is not connected. Any help?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

a month ago

How is your 3rd generation Genie (HR54) connected to your home internet? (direct Ethernet, built-in Wi-Fi, deca, powerline adapter, etc.)

What happens when you try to use On Demand? (error message or other symptoms)

Are you using a normal home internet (DSL, Cable, Fiber) or something else (hotspot, MiFi, Satellite)

Is the HR54 serving as the connection to the internet for you whole setup, or are any other boxes connected directly themselves?

Do you have the problem on any other boxes?

What programming package do you have?

Is this affecting all On Demand channels, or just certain ones?

Any other issues?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Connected via wifi with normal cable internet. No other boxes or equipment set up besides receiver. We have the Xtra package. Its affecting all on demand. Internet is connected fine because I can bring up the apps on the right hand side. Excellent speed test. Message states "sorry! We have no programs at this time that match the filter you selected " when I try to bring up a shows episodes or any movie, etc

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…