Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
anrsteve's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jun 6, 2006 6:27 PM

Off-Air HDTV antenna

Looking for some input on my HDTV troubles. I recently got the 5LNB H20 and the H10-250 DVR. Everyone knows (at least judging from the posts I have read) that the H20 suffers from random pixelation issues on local HDTV channels, despite strong signal strength. The CSRs play dumb, but at the end of the day, it appears the software and technology just isn't right yet. In the meantime, I've decided to go the route of indoor off-air HDTV antennas, which I gotta admit are pretty sweet. If you are able to bring in a good signal, the picture quality is amazing, easily better than anything a Satellite or Cable provider can offer. The reason, from my understanding, is because the digital signal is less compressed. What's even better, is the DirectTV and TIVO DVR guides list these channels, so its fully integrated. You can even record them as though they were inherent DTV programming! Ok, so here's the downer, and where I am looking for input: When I hook-up my off-air intenna directly to my TV, all the channels come in relatively flawlessly- BUT if I hook up the intenna to my DirectTV HD DVR, many of the channels don't come in well at all. My guess is that the TV does a better job processing the signal and can provide a better picture with less signal strength than the DirectTV DVR?? What do you guys think? Thanks- Anthony

Responses

No Responses!

Get started...

Ask a new question