AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
R

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Sep 20, 2020 6:48 PM

NFL Sunday Ticket

I do not have cable or satellite TV - All of my media comes from streaming services. My wife and I are trying to watch our favorite out of network football team, but are unable to find a mechanism outside of NFL Sunday Ticket. 

Is it possible to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without requiring a satellite dish and/or equipment?

I called the service desk, but the representative was only interested in following a script and upselling me for services I did not want. The chat bot isn't advanced enough to answer my questions. I can't find a way to email my request.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

DirecTV has an exclusive agreement to carry the NFL Sunday Ticket. So if you want to watch out-of-market games, you must have DirecTV.

Sorry but this is the option as setup between DirecTV and the NFL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Understood - Appreciate the verification of what I thought was true. I'm fully prepared to solve this problem by "throwing money at it," but I can't figure out how to spend my money to get what I want. The interface is not clear. 

Specifically, what does "must have DirecTV" mean? Do I just need a basic subscription to their TV service with the NFL Sunday ticket add on? Do I have to have a DVR or satellite dish?

The dream would be to have a Netflix or Hulu like app that I can pay for, but I realize that a not a thing... yet. Seems like the DirecTV and NFL agreement is grossly outdated (given current trends for streaming in home), especially in a COVID environment where people can't go out to bars.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

DirecTV is service by satellite. This requires having an account with a receiving dish installed on your home with a receiver on the TV. Starting service comes with a 24 month agreement.

Most intro offers including the NFL Sunday Ticket for free for the 1st season. After that you pay for it on top of your service. It auto renews each year until you choose to opt out. Notice in June with 1st of 6 installments in July.

DirecTV is not a streaming service. The DirecTV app is for secondary perks only, not intended as the only way to get the service and cannot be connected to a TV as is for viewing on the mobile device only.

It is not that the agreement is outdated, but DirecTV is for the entire country that has view of the sky. So they have wider coverage then streaming services, as many of us do not have good enough internet (if internet at all) for streaming-only options. Until their is a good baseline of internet that is truly nationwide, this is expected to be the status quo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.3K Messages

a month ago

There is a streaming only option for Sunday Ticket but that is only for customers who are not able to get Directv satellite service.

Get started...

Ask a new question