Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Jun 10, 2007 2:59 AM

New converter for HD?

I recieved an automated call from Directv which my son answered. He told me the message was something about requiring a converter of some type in order to continue to receive HD programming. I already have a 5 LNB dish, do I now have to order something additional?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

That call was not from DirecTV, but a scam. They are trying to make money off a real situation. And it has been too easy to spoof Caller ID info.

DirecTV has been shutting down the old MPEG-2 (SD-only) feeds since April 2019. People with such equipment can qualify for a complimentary swap. Notifications are usually by email or possibly included in the bill, but not by calling the customer. If such a swap is needed, just like an equipment upgrade, you call DirecTV's official customer support number.

If you have HD and a 5 LNB, highly doubtful you need any swap. To be sure, what are the models of each box you have?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.