Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
dtvny's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jun 6, 2006 8:31 PM

My day with Custmer Service.. HD Locals NY

Here is my summary of my 1 hour on the phone with customer service. Understand my reason for calling is I have a cable problem from the Dish down. Living in NYC in a 15 story building we don't rush to go on the roof because of the long cable runs, we call for service. My thought was if I am going to have a service call, could I upgrade to the 5 LNB so I could get the local HD channels...Here's what happen.

I started out with Rashad, who was pleasant, but didn't know if I went with a 5 LBN, would my H10-250 be compatable. I was then tranferred to Jane, who said "No, No according to this (she was reading something) if you live in NY or LA you can recieve HD Locals with a 3 LNB and the H10-250.. "they just need to turn it on..."

I was then tranferred to Kelly in Eligibily.. She says I'm sorry but NO in your zip code you can't get the HD Locals with 3 LNB and H10-250 and NO the H10-250 is not compatable with the 5 LNB.. You need the H20, but its not a DVR.. but later this summer we will have something for you..

I said so bottom line is I can't get HD Locals at all in with any path? She says yes... other than a Off Air antenna which is a bad option in NYC. Ok then I just want the service call to fix my cable issue. I was then tranferred to Annette who was great and very nice, who set up the service call and then said that would be $70 for the service call. I said I wouldn't pay it for something I will have to replace in 2 to 3 months when I can't get a service I should be able to have. .. She was great and waived the fee.. She saved a loyal Directv customer (10 years) from calling Time Warner Cable..

My question is that scenario accurate in New York? No path for HD Locals in zip 10025?

thanks

Responses

No Responses!

Get started...

Ask a new question